SW Idaho Adventures

Were you trying to come out at blue canyon? The drive to the tub along the river looked pretty easy. Hoping to head there in the coming weeks. Did you need 4wd to the tub?

ghcoe

Adventurer
Were you trying to come out at blue canyon? The drive to the tub along the river looked pretty easy. Hoping to head there in the coming weeks. Did you need 4wd to the tub?
Yes, the Black Rocks area.

The Cherokee is AWD but, I believe others in the group made it in with 2wd. There is only one place that 4wd may be needed. It is the hill in the last video towards the end. It could probably be done in 2wd with some good momentum. Probably would not be a good idea if muddy though.

Would like to go out to blue canyon or maybe come back and go out school bus canyon.

I have been down the Blue Canyon Road a few times. You'll want 4wd for that road. You can't drive up Schoolhouse that I know of. I believe there is private property that will block your way. All of Mohogany Mountain is private property.

Yes, the Black Rocks area.

The Cherokee is AWD but, I believe others in the group made it in with 2wd. There is only one place that 4wd may be needed. It is the hill in the last video towards the end. It could probably be done in 2wd with some good momentum. Probably would not be a good idea if muddy though.

I have been down the Blue Canyon Road a few times. You'll want 4wd for that road. You can't drive up Schoolhouse that I know of. I believe there is private property that will block your way. All of Mohogany Mountain is private property.

So this is definitely private?
https://www.google.com/maps/place/4...8f5e008d3!7e2!8m2!3d43.2927992!4d-117.2544411

I was wanting to tie leslie gulch to blue canyon along the river and head out to the lava flows. I have a ford raptor so shes a bit wide but has a locker and is on 35s

ghcoe

Adventurer
So this is definitely private?
https://www.google.com/maps/place/43°17'34.1"N+117°15'16.0"W/@43.2928029,-117.2566297,814m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m14!1m7!3m6!1s0x54b1c6b87155bd5f:0xb66ae9f0f2d44db5!2sMahogany+Mountain!3b1!8m2!3d43.2348773!4d-117.2557099!3m5!1s0x0:0xa6f98ff8f5e008d3!7e2!8m2!3d43.2927992!4d-117.2544411

I was wanting to tie leslie gulch to blue canyon along the river and head out to the lava flows. I have a ford raptor so shes a bit wide but has a locker and is on 35s

Not there, but farther up the canyon is private. I have heard that there is a locked gate there. I have not personally been there. I have heard it was locked on the opposite side too. Softroadingthewest and Primal Outdoors just did a video where they were turned around in that area as well on a different road. I have tried to go in from the east a few years ago and it was locked too.

You would probably be fine in the Raptor. Would venture to say the easiest way and maybe the only way is to cross the river.

Not there, but farther up the canyon is private. I have heard that there is a locked gate there. I have not personally been there. I have heard it was locked on the opposite side too. Softroadingthewest and Primal Outdoors just did a video where they were turned around in that area as well on a different road. I have tried to go in from the east a few years ago and it was locked too.

You would probably be fine in the Raptor. Would venture to say the easiest way and maybe the only way is to cross the river.

Yeah ive heard theres a locked gate which is unfortunate looks like some beautiful country in there.

ghcoe

Adventurer
Newfoundland! trip is up...

Day 1

Day 2 Part 1

Day 2 Part 2

Uncut #1

Last edited:

ghcoe

Adventurer
Newfoundland trip continued.

Day 3 Part 1

Day 3 Part 2

Day 4

Day 5

Last edited:

ghcoe

Adventurer
SW Idaho Overlanding is heading back out to Mordor.

Day 1 Part 1

Day 1 Part 2

Day 1 Part 3

Day 2 Part 1

Day 2 Part 2 & Day 3

Last edited:

ghcoe

Adventurer
Snowshoe and Pothole.

Day 1 Part 1

Day 1 Part 2

Day 1 Part 3

Day 2

Day 3 Part 1

Over my limit to post videos per post. Check out Day 3 Part 2 on page 6 of this thread.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles