SW Idaho Adventures

ghcoe

Adventurer
SW Idaho Overlanding takes Coyote Works invite and joins him on his 2019 Invitational trip.

Join us, and 101 other vehicles, as we venture into Central Oregon for a 3 day trip with Casey. Coyote Works shows us one of his special places in his back yard. So hit the trails and lets see what there is to see in this vast open space Casey calls home.

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Last edited:

ghcoe

Adventurer
A trip into SE Oregon in early September is up.

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Last edited:

ghcoe

Adventurer
I WANNA ROCK! Day 1 is up!

SW Idaho Overlanding is in search of rocks.

Join us as we head to South Central Idaho to find some interesting rocks. Some are big rocks and some are small rocks. Some rocks have holes in them and some rocks are towering. A couple of times we are in rock! One thing you will see in these videos are rocks, in many shapes and sizes. So "rock on" and join us on this adventure and you too will WANNA ROCK by time it is over.

Day 1

Day 2 Part 1

Day 2/Part 2-Day 3

Last edited:

ghcoe

Adventurer
Last trip out before the Corona lock down. Social distancing before it was cool.....

Winter Wonderland III
It's January and cabin Fever has set in. SW Idaho Overlanding decide to tackle the great outdoors of SW Idaho, determined to break the winter doldrums. Come ride with them as they visit interesting places and drive the surrounding desert in this winter adventure.

ghcoe

Adventurer
Pulling this one out of the video archives. With the Jeep being down and Corona, things have gotten a bit lean.

This was not a regularly scheduled trip for myself. A friend wanted me to guide him and some of his friends on a trail I had taken him on a few years before. These guys normally take their rigs and tackle much harder trails than this one since their rigs are set up for rock crawling. Sometimes you just need something different.

Come along with us as we travel the open desert and then drop down into a side canyon of the Snake River. We follow the Snake River for a bit and then finish off in a play area before needing to head back.

ghcoe

Adventurer
Just got back from the deep deserts of Idaho, Oregon and Nevada. Had a great time with everyone who took on the challenge with me. Here is a preview of upcoming video content. See you on the trails, George.

ghcoe

Adventurer
SW Idaho Overlanding is attending another MORDOR adventure. We have attended this gathering for a few years now. Follow us as we venture back to Mordor for a 4 day adventure. Joining us is Iroh the pup on his first adventure.

Day 1: The gathering, looking for a cave and camp.

Day 2: This episode we hike the Wood Road. This is a road that was used to access juniper trees that where growing in the lava flows for fence posts over a hundred years ago. Too bad you can not drive it anymore.

Day 3: This episode we return to find the cave we were looking for in episode 1. Then it is a lot of desert driving to get to our new camp spot.

Day 4: The last day and episode of the Mordor V5.0 trip is up. This episode we drive across Mordor! What a fun trip this one was. Iroh the pup did fantastic! Thanks for watching, George.

Last edited:

ghcoe

Adventurer
I take a lot of video at times, often letting the dash camera run if things look like they may become interesting on the trail. In most cases I use very little of this footage in my productions. Often though, they would make a story inside a story. It always seemed to me to be a waste of good film footage. I got to thinking that maybe these small segments of the journey may still be interesting to some viewers, so why leave it on the floor? So "uncut" was born. So I hope "uncut" videos will bring more of the thrill of being out with us, because that is what it is all about.

This "Uncut" is a continuous run of the dash cam coming down into a canyon and crossing the river at the bottom. This is a particularly good run showing events as they unfold in real time. In a production video I would use only a small fraction of the video captured in this nearly 30 minute long video. This video was captured on SW Idaho Overlanding's joint trip out into the deep desert with COYOTE WORKS. Be sure to check out COYOTE WORKS Channel.

COYOTE WORK: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSWERsiPgQ6xFojuIzMRaIg

ghcoe

Adventurer
These videos are doing quite well so there must be something appealing to them. When building the videos I find it sometimes hard to trim the footage in certain areas like these. I want to convey the excitement of the trail without using all the footage in production. If I did include all the footage my videos would be way too long. With uncut I can refer people to it in the video if they want a more in depth feel of the action at that point of the trip.

ghcoe

Adventurer
Coyote Tracks Day 1 Part 1 is up. Yes part 1! These days where long days on the trail. By time I was finished with day 1 it was over 40 minutes long. I didn't want to bore people (some can barely make it to 10 minutes) so I will be splitting this series into two part days. The good news is that I am going to try and post 1 episode up a week for this trip and the Ruby trip (which also had long days).

So enjoy and stay tuned for more coming soon. George.

Day 1 Part 1:

Day 1 Part 2:

Day 2 Part 1:

Day 2 Part 2:

Day 3 Part 1:

Last edited:

ghcoe

Adventurer
I don't really take many pictures anymore. Just too hard to juggle a video recorder and a camera. If I post up photos they are usually a still from the video or possibly a photo from my phone.

ghcoe

Adventurer
SW Idaho Overlanding heads south to northern Nevada.

Day 1 Part 1:

Day 1 Part 2:

Day 2:

Day 3:

Last edited:

ghcoe

Adventurer
The last two videos from the Ruby trip. Thanks for watching

Day 4 Part 1:

Day 4 Part 2, Day 5

Forum statistics

Threads