SW Idaho Adventures

ghcoe

Adventurer
Great to see a good video collections of Idaho here! Gonna take an adventure there someday.
Glad you like the videos! Let me know when your planning to be here. Maybe we can meet up. See you on the trails, George.

ghcoe

Adventurer
Gorge-us! Part 1 is up.

SW Idaho Overlanding's second attempt at reaching a gorge in SE Oregon. With a mechanical failure the first time will they make it this time? Ride along and see as they find interesting roads on their way to their destination.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Last edited:

ghcoe

Adventurer
Mordor V4.0 including the Transcontinental Railroad Backcountry Byway in day 2 and day 3 part 1.

SW Idaho decides to join the Mordor V4.0 trip. Meeting up with trip planner and other adventurers we head into northern Utah to spend the next 4 days. Ride along with us as we travel the old Central Pacific rail bed 90 miles from Promotory, Utah to Lucin, Utah.

This trip includes attending the 150 year anniversary of the Golden Spike at Promotory, Utah, driving the old rail bed 90 miles west, stopping at old camps and towns along the way, as well as some extras. This part of Utah probably has not changed much since the time the rails were laid in 1869. It was remote then and still is. If you listen closely you might hear a lonesome whistle blow....

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3 part 1

Day 3 part 2

Last edited:

50 fiver

I really enjoy your videos, just wondering how much extra gas you carry, having a fsj really doesn't help in the mileage department.... Beautiful country, I have to get out west at some point.

ghcoe

Adventurer
I really enjoy your videos, just wondering how much extra gas you carry, having a fsj really doesn't help in the mileage department.... Beautiful country, I have to get out west at some point.
Thanks! Glad you like the videos.

I ran for many years with just a 5 gallon jerry can for extra gas. If I was concerned I would carry a extra 5 gallons in a plastic can. Last year, however, I finally installed the auxiliary gas tank that came with the jeep when I purchased it in 1998. Now I have 25 gallons in the auxiliary tank and then the normal 22 gallons in the stock tank, plus the 5 gallons on the tire carrier. Good for 400+ miles now. Thanks for watching George.

ghcoe

Adventurer
SW Idaho joins another adventure. Meeting up with trip planner and other adventurers we head into central Oregon to spend the next 5 days exploring. Ride along with us on this Oregon Geology Tour.

Oregon Geology Tour Day 1
This episode includes Glass Buttes, Christmas Valley Sand Dunes and Lost Forest.

Oregon Geology Tour Day 2
This episode includes Christmas Valley, Crack In The Ground, Green Mountain Campground/Lookout, Derricks Cave and Oregon's Largest Juniper Tree.

Oregon Geology Tour Day 3

This episode includes Fort Rock, Hole In The Ground, Big Hole and getting lost in the forest.

Oregon Geology Tour Day 4

This episode includes Arnold Cave, Prineville Oregon, and Painted Hills.

Oregon Geology Tour Day 5
This episode includes John Day Fossil Beds Center and James Cant Ranch.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles