Suzuki Owners; Let's see your ExPo Trucks

Backroad Explorer

Adventurer
I'm new to The ExPo but I would love to see other Suzuki's on here. So please post up your ExPo Suzuki's. I'll start with " Mr. Livingston " My ExPo Samurai.
225.jpg

230.jpg

:Astrologist:

stevec

Adventurer
Another long-time lurker here; Here's part of my fleet of Suzuki's:

Attachments

• beartooth_pass.jpg
    beartooth_pass.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 1,518
  • daisy_pass_3.jpg
    daisy_pass_3.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 1,434
  • LJ81k Xmas 08.jpg
    LJ81k Xmas 08.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 1,089

stevec

Adventurer
A couple more... The Samurai is a '86 model that I have owned since it was brand new. It's the first car I ever bought.

Attachments

• P7160312.jpg
    P7160312.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 1,744
  • Buttstomper 08.jpg
    Buttstomper 08.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 1,098

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
stevec said:
Another long-time lurker here; Here's part of my fleet of Suzuki's:
Dude, what ARE those... I've never seen a Suzi like that... Neat little trucks, thanks for sharing, I want more info.

Cheers

Dave

stevec

Adventurer
4Rescue said:
Dude, what ARE those... I've never seen a Suzi like that... Neat little trucks, thanks for sharing, I want more info.

The grey and yellow/orange ones are LJ10's, both are 1971 models. Both are all stock, with an air cooled 359cc two cylinder two-stroke engine (28 hp!) Top speed is about 50mph; they are really low geared (at 50 mph, the engine is turning close to 6000 rpms!) The grey one is my favorite, mainly because it is right hand drive.

The brown rig is Suzuki's first 4WD pickup, it is a 1980 LJ81K I bought in Canada a few years ago. It has a somewhat larger engine (~800cc, 41 hp) that will do highway speeds. It is also completely stock (bumpers were dealer installed.) As rare as they are, I want to keep them stock, but I plan to do a few things to the LJ81 to make it more "expedition worthy", including a rear locker (LockRight #1520) and better tires.

My website is www.lj10.com; there is tons of info on these rigs there.

Seth Kendall

Adventurer
stevec said:
A couple more... The Samurai is a '86 model that I have owned since it was brand new. It's the first car I ever bought.

That's a really nice looking Zuk. Good work.

Here are a couple of shots of mine.
DSC_0202.jpg

DSC01242.jpg

DSC05614.jpg

P5090002.jpg

P7140066.jpg

Seth Kendall

Adventurer
Backroad Explorer said:
I'm new to The ExPo but I would love to see other Suzuki's on here. So please post up your ExPo Suzuki's. I'll start with " Mr. Livingston " My ExPo Samurai.
225.jpg

230.jpg

:Astrologist:

"Mr. Livingston" is absolutely epic!

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
stevec said:
The grey and yellow/orange ones are LJ10's, both are 1971 models. Both are all stock, with an air cooled 359cc two cylinder two-stroke engine (28 hp!) Top speed is about 50mph; they are really low geared (at 50 mph, the engine is turning close to 6000 rpms!) The grey one is my favorite, mainly because it is right hand drive.

The brown rig is Suzuki's first 4WD pickup, it is a 1980 LJ81K I bought in Canada a few years ago. It has a somewhat larger engine (~800cc, 41 hp) that will do highway speeds. It is also completely stock (bumpers were dealer installed.) As rare as they are, I want to keep them stock, but I plan to do a few things to the LJ81 to make it more "expedition worthy", including a rear locker (LockRight #1520) and better tires.

My website is www.lj10.com; there is tons of info on these rigs there.
Sweet man, thanks for sharing, I didn't even notice the 3rd (brown) one I was so fascinated by the other 2. Got anymore pics of teh Pick-up??? I have a secret obsession with the LWB Samurai. Again, those are some REALLY neat trucks you've got there, I love'm all. There's something so refreshing in this day and age of overly complicated vehicles about trucks like those.

Cheers

Dave

EDIT: didn't see the link, GREAT site, can't wait to read through it all.

Last edited:

chet

island Explorer
nice rigs everyone! Man I wish our sammy's were as clean as Seth's!

Heres my '86 LWB sammy. Currently it is undergoing a rust removal process which means rocker replacement, real wheel arches, new front fenders, windshield frame and some other patches here and there. Its got toy axles and a tracker 1.6. I have a set of roof racks that mount around the soft top as well.

There is a pic of my old 4 door sidekick which I sold to get the sammy.

Attachments

• P1040215.JPG
    P1040215.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 861
  • P1030407.JPG
    P1030407.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 638

Seth Kendall

Adventurer
chet said:
nice rigs everyone! Man I wish our sammy's were as clean as Seth's!

Heres my '86 LWB sammy. Currently it is undergoing a rust removal process which means rocker replacement, real wheel arches, new front fenders, windshield frame and some other patches here and there. Its got toy axles and a tracker 1.6. I have a set of roof racks that mount around the soft top as well.

There is a pic of my old 4 door sidekick which I sold to get the sammy.

Chet, thanks for the compliment. I wish I could say it was my handiwork, but I just got lucky enough to buy her from Andy Walcker. I do agree that all the Zuks on here are incredible. Your LWB is so rad. What kind of racks are you using with your soft top? I would be interested in a set of those.

Seth Kendall

Adventurer
Backroad Explorer said:
Seth;

Beeeauuuutiful set-up !!!!!!!...:friday: How ya likin those ShockWorks Bumpers

Thanks. The bumpers have been awesome. They have proven to be very stout and to look awesome. Looking for a good deal on a winch to finish out the front.

Scott Brady

Founder
Great thread. I love the little Samurais.

What would be awesome would be to build a little hard-top Sami and install a light-weight roof tent and an awning and then do a tightly integrated and light storage system in the back, maybe with a Weaco drawer fridge or similar.

Does anyone remember Phil Howell's awesome white Sami from 4WD and SUV?

0802_4wd_01_z+1994_suzuki_samurai+front_angle.jpg

Crikeymike

Adventurer
My 1993 Suzuki Sidekick. I love the size of the 4 door. With me, my wife, and kid, we still have enough room for all of the other bits and pieces to go camping without needing to put anything on the roof.

ARB's front and rear, 5.12's
ARB CKMA12 large compressor with hose kit
Shrockworks front winch bar
M6000 Warn
Shrockworks rock sliders - indestructible!!!
Calmini front, tranny, and t-case skid plates
Trail Tough 4.24:1 t-case gears
30x9.5-15 BFG MT's
IPF H4 headlights with fatboys, and IPF 100W foglights
Yakima roof rack
4" suspension (mix of Calmini arms and brackets with OME shocks and springs)
2" body lift
Washington state custom bodywork :oops:

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_8576.jpg

sidekickxmastreehunting.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles