Suzuki Owners; Let's see your ExPo Trucks

Hello

Im in the middle of installing an AFN winch mount on my '01 tracker. Should be finished tomorrow...

Whereabouts did you get hold of that? I haven't been able to track down a North American source, although my attempts have been somewhat halfhearted. Also, if you don't mind my asking, roughly how much was the mount?

Shapeshifter

Restless Adventurer
Whereabouts did you get hold of that? I haven't been able to track down a North American source, although my attempts have been somewhat halfhearted. Also, if you don't mind my asking, roughly how much was the mount?

I bought it from AFN in Portugal. They will answer your email in English. Only took a week to get to California.

Hello

Hey Hello, do you have pics of your Suzuki?

Nothing too much just yet. I got it in mid September and have spent the time up to now just puttering around locally, and taking care of functional maintenance and things like that. Currently it is stock aside from some tires that the previous owner added.
The next couple months I hope to be able to tackle some of the "fun" work. It'll get skids, a mild lift, a sleeping platform if I can figure out something more effective than sleeping in the front seat (which I have done for 6 weeks in a sedan, so I might just stick with that), radio, and a winch if it isn't too cost-prohibitive. It will hopefully be more interesting to look at by spring/summer.

This is our Jimny, we're going to use it for a +15.000 KM honeymoon trip from The Netherlands to Kazakhstan, Moscow, St. Petersburg, North Cape and back to The Netherlands again. We're keeping a thread up to date about the build: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/153115-Honeymoon-expedition-to-Kazakhstan-and-Nordkapp-in-a-Jimny

Today we fitted new shocks and wheels.
12622170_1640898342842309_1950338047175166169_o.jpg

We need to build some storage solution in the back and order the frontrunner roofrack and tent to fit on top.

I'd imagine that this is Suzuki enough: My trusty little Tracker overlooking some badlands that I stumbled upon while cutting across Alberta a few weeks ago.

badlands.jpg

Since then it has grown a roof basket, with my traction boards, shovel, and a bunch of junk piled up there for a trip up north. Sometimes I wish it were a Samurai, but I'm pretty fond of it as it stands. It's fairly stock, aside from the rear seats having been pulled out so that I could cobble in a bed/shelf in the back. Sleeping is very tight, but has been surprisingly comfortable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior