Suzuki Owners; Let's see your ExPo Trucks

lovine

1986 Samurai
Re-powered with 1.9L multi port EFI from a Sidekick (forgot what year engine) by Brant at Trail tough.
Could cruise over Donner Summit at 65mph, in 5th gear, with AC blowing cold, no problem
3" OME lift
31" tires
American Racing wheels
4:1 transfer case
cruise control

Beautiful Sammy! Did you have problems smogging the 1.9L in CA?

Shapeshifter

Restless Adventurer
Beautiful Sammy! Did you have problems smogging the 1.9L in CA?

Thanks!

It took two trips to the state referee but I got it legal!

webDCP01370.jpg

thats either a 1.8, or a 2.0. Brent is not a fan of the 1.8, so likely a 2.0. very nice tintop!

Brent did the swap in 2002 so I dont remember the exact engine. Actually, the sticker shown above says the new engine was a 1995 1.6L..?

To do the engine swap, I flat-towed my Sammi behind my built XJ all the way from Vacaville, CA to Medford, OR and left it with Brent and his guys for about a month. The day I dropped it off they had a Sammi expidition planned , so I went along with my XJ. It turned out to be one of the best wheeling expedition days I've ever had. Here are a few pics from that day in 2002.....

The white soft top was Brent's. It seemed he got himself in this position quite often....:Wow1:
webDCP00580.jpgwebDCP00581.jpgwebDCP00583.jpg

My XJ getting abused. I had to drive this rig all the way back to California after this day long expedition. I was exhausted....
webDCP00587.jpgwebDCP00589.jpg

A month later, when my Sammi engine swap was all done, I took a Greyhound bus from Oakland, CA to Medford, OR and picked up the Sammi, then drove it all the way home to Vacaville. There is a considerable mountain range to drive over between Oregon an California and I wondered how the new engine would perform but it was FLAWLESS! I was smiling all the way home!

Sebas

Adventurer
Hi! I show you my new Suzuki after selling my Samurai LWB.-

Suzuki Sidekick

10381978_10203950562742421_3917531762524262908_n.jpg

and one of my ex Suzuki Samurai LWB
423430_396955530321480_1750811279_n.jpg

LWB forever! jaja

Thirty-Nine

Explorer

The latest pic of the Teal Terror from last week's NW Overland Rally. Before we left, I finally got the sliders on. Also added a front skidplate. Both work. Ask me how I know.

Andy

Shapeshifter

Restless Adventurer
The latest pic of the Teal Terror from last week's NW Overland Rally. Before we left, I finally got the sliders on. Also added a front skidplate. Both work. Ask me how I know.

Andy
Sliders and skidplate are a must for these relatively low truckys. Mine are all gouged and dented to.

Your rig looks nice. What size/type tires?

Shapeshifter

Restless Adventurer
I took the tracker up to the Fordyce Trail area over the holiday weekend. I tow the caravan up with the F150 and the wife follows us in the Tracker.

I don't have any pictures of the little rig on the trail I took, but I do have some pictures of the post-trail underside inspection. My sliders and skid plate work great, but I need more armor. Check out my front drive line..... eek. I was hi-centered on a large boulder and to escape the situation, I actually rocked my upper torso in the drivers seat while steering back and forth and eventually, rocked myself off the rock while seated in the truck. Try that with a bigger vehicle.....

webIMG_2201.jpg
webIMG_2158.jpgwebIMG_2154.jpgwebvIMG_2156.jpg

captwoody

Adventurer
i have tracker like yours

i have an 01 my question is do you have any lockers?,do you have a suspension lift?or a body lift?,what tire size are you running? I would like to try that trail i have 235/75/15's or 31/10.5/15's a 2.5 susp lift with trimmed wheel wells,skid plate/diff armor and a ARB rear locker
IMG_20140320_134922267_HDR[1].jpg

Last edited:

captwoody

Adventurer
other angle

IMG_20140711_162459083_HDR[1].jpg
just starting to learn more difficult trails done all of anza borrego, and a lot of corral canyon have not touched big bear north

Shapeshifter

Restless Adventurer
i have an 01 my question is do you have any lockers,lift,tire size I would like to try that trail i have 235/75/15's or 31/10.5/15's a 2.5 susp lift with trimmed wheel wells,skid plate/diff armor and a ARB rear locker

Can you please repeat the question with punctuation so I can try to answer it? Call me old fashioned.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles