Suspension Upgrade on a beater 4runner.

Laxaholic

Adventurer
His question (as I read it anyway) is why *upgrade* rather than just find take-off coils from someone who lifted a FJ Cruiser or 80 series. Could easily lift a 3rd gen 4Runner for a lot less money than a new OME kit.

If I had the time, I definitely would. If anyone is selling this sort of stuff, feel free to PM me. I spend the majority of time offshore/away from home and a vehicle. Cost isn't really any issue, and think that the ease of slapping on a new kit is well worth it.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
If I had the time, I definitely would. If anyone is selling this sort of stuff, feel free to PM me. I spend the majority of time offshore/away from home and a vehicle. Cost isn't really any issue, and think that the ease of slapping on a new kit is well worth it.
I get that. Existential question, then when is a beater truck not a beater? When it's got nice junk bolted to it!

Reactions: bkg

tacollie

Glamper
An OME kit really isn't that much money. Fj80 coils will get you a lot of lift. I loved my 881/890 on my 4runner.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
An OME kit really isn't that much money. Fj80 coils will get you a lot of lift. I loved my 881/890 on my 4runner.
It's been a few years now, but I've had cars that cost less than OME suspension. A buddy in high school had a 1978 Corolla that we cut the roof off and painted "Don't laugh, your daughter's in here" on the trunk lid. He ran the same oil filter for at least 2 years and just kept adding oil. Now THAT was a beater.

tacollie

Glamper
It's been a few years now, but I've had cars that cost less than OME suspension. A buddy in high school had a 1978 Corolla that we cut the roof off and painted "Don't laugh, your daughter's in here" on the trunk lid. He ran the same oil filter for at least 2 years and just kept adding oil. Now THAT was a beater.

My 82' mini truck was less than my ONE suspension for my Tacomas. Granted it had been rolled. And probably many other things .

Truck ome suspension has leaf springs. 4runners are cheaper because of the rear coils.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94