Purchasing JK need advice on suspension setup

SBSYNCRO

+1 on Teraflex idea. And JKS sway bar links which indicates a bit of a “frankenlift” possibility. (Nothing wrong with that). If they are Teraflex coils they should have the Teraflex name printed on the coils.

There’s a sticky here for determining lift height - search should find it pretty easily. (On a phone so not easy to multitask and find it for you)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stroked 550

Adventurer
+1 on Teraflex idea. And JKS sway bar links which indicates a bit of a “frankenlift” possibility. (Nothing wrong with that). If they are Teraflex coils they should have the Teraflex name printed on the coils.

There’s a sticky here for determining lift height - search should find it pretty easily. (On a phone so not easy to multitask and find it for you)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks guys for the responses I appreciate it, I will look for that sticky

what makes the JKS sway bar link frankenlift” when I hear that it worries me?

What part of the coil should it say teraflex on it?

Jpfan

Pictures of the track bar axle mounts, brake line extension brackets, and control arms (the rear lowers appear to be aftermarket) may help.

Also just an observation; your front sway bar link tab on the axle is bent which will cause wear issues with the link bushings.

jadmt

ignore button user
jks adjustable quick disconnect sway links are a common upgrade. those look like the circle pin clips are broken tho both top and bottom. Might want to look into replacing them as no way will you get those back in if you try and disconnect. also the rear bump stop looks like it took a hell of a hit. It does have rear correction coil brackets so someone was thinking when they installed the rear coils. here is a diagram for lift. the swaybar link tab bending is fairly common just use a large crescent wrench to bend it back. this often done because the axle is over shifted on full flex which puts a lot of stress on the tab that is why the disconnects should be disconnected.

Stroked 550

Adventurer
Pictures of the track bar axle mounts, brake line extension brackets, and control arms (the rear lowers appear to be aftermarket) may help.

Also just an observation; your front sway bar link tab on the axle is bent which will cause wear issues with the link bushings.

thank you for pointing that, what is the best method to fix the front sway bar link tab?

jadmt

ignore button user
also I am pretty sure most most tera flex jk coils are linear rate coils and your rear coils are not linear. there should be a number on them as they still look in good shape so should still be visible. might be rock crawlers

jadmt

ignore button user
that is a metal cloak track bar bracket so maybe metal cloak coils. they should have a number on them in white letters..

Stroked 550

Adventurer
also I am pretty sure most most tera flex jk coils are linear rate coils and your rear coils are not linear. there should be a number on them as they still look in good shape so should still be visible. might be rock crawlers

thank you for teaching me I appreciate it I have learned a lot from your posts.

What are the consequences of having linear coils in the front but not in the back?

This is a JK I am looking at buying but now Im a bit conflicted with the bumpstop tab being crushed, that seems to me he must have done some extreme wheeling going at a fast pace ?

jadmt

ignore button user
If I were serous about buying that rig I would insist it goes on an alignment rack and make sure the front axle is not bent. looking at the gear oil residue on the pumpkin side and the axle shaft side would worry me. they have gussets but that does not mean anything. they could have been bent prior or bent during or bent afterwards. Best riding rigs I have had have been frankenstien lifts but that shows signs of some heavy hits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online