Vanilla Gorilla: 2017 Power Wagon build

Adventurous

Explorer
was chatting with Lewis Built and told him my plans for the arms. he's going to pull the bungs for the Johnny Joints out a little bit and to get me some extra length since I'll be pushing the front axle forward. cool to know the guy making your radius arms is on the same page as you

Cool! The more I look at his arms, the more I realize that they represent a tremendous value when you consider that even a simple set of brackets that just move the radius arm mount are $500 by themselves.

Looking forward to hearing your tboughts.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
Lewis Built arms showed up over the weekend apparently - I've been out of town since last Tuesday so who knows that they look like. I do know that they weigh 45lbs a piece though, which does not sound like a good time.

otherwise, on my drive back from the airport in Cincinnati, i reset the fuel economy and set the cruise control at 70. Over the 128 miles back to my office i averaged 15.6MPG with the new gears with the GFC on the back. Really pleased.

nater

Adventurer
@marshal Any feedback on the suspension with the fox shocks? How are you dealing with the shafts and salt? It was my understanding they may not hold up, but I might be thinking of another of thurens options!

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
@marshal Any feedback on the suspension with the fox shocks? How are you dealing with the shafts and salt? It was my understanding they may not hold up, but I might be thinking of another of thurens options!
Super pleased so far. I’ve fallen in love with my truck all over again just because of the suspension.

They don’t drop salt here, they use a magnesium brine they spray on the roads that is supposed to be less corrosive. I doubt I’ll see any of that before Christmas. We only get snow/ice 3-4 times a year.

I’m planning on fogging the whole undercarriage with fluid film before the first snow. It’s a Chrysler product, gotta stay on top of the rust.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
Super pleased so far. I’ve fallen in love with my truck all over again just because of the suspension.

I have to say, I swapped my Toyo MTs for a set of Falken ATW3s last week and took a 1200 mile trip towing the camper this weekend. Those tires with the Thuren coils and Fox shocks on my 3500 ride incredibly. I'm running 45F 40R while towing and it is crazy comfy. I can't wait to try this setup on my 2019 when it arrives.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
I have to say, I swapped my Toyo MTs for a set of Falken ATW3s last week and took a 1200 mile trip towing the camper this weekend. Those tires with the Thuren coils and Fox shocks on my 3500 ride incredibly. I'm running 45F 40R while towing and it is crazy comfy. I can't wait to try this setup on my 2019 when it arrives.

that’s great to hear! On my 37s I’ve been doing 40F 32R. I love my AT3Ws. I’ve had some input on the upcoming RT and the AT4w and I think everyone will be really pleased with the next generation of Falken products.

did you get into any rain? They do exceptional

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles