Surely, someone has to be wanting to get rid of their Lowrance HDS-5 GPS!

Intuit

Observer
Alright, so I have been givin' the green light to purchase a Lowrance GPS. Is there anyone looking to "off load" theirs? It seems as though no one ever gets rid of theirs! I suppose the are just, that good.

UglyScout

Observer
Have you used a Lowrance in a vehicle before?

I have one and it just isn't that great for daily vehicle usage. It makes great tracks and trails - but without the add on MapCreate software the land based built in maps are terrible!

But a 5" bright, clear screen is pretty cool!

Ed Bravo

Adventurer
Map Create software makes ALL the difference! Great detail - we used it on a trip from So Cal to Washington DC - never missed a beat with it. The POI information was spot on. POI = points of interest.

Ed

UglyScout

Observer
That is good to hear. I have not used a full size Lowrance with any of the MapCreate stuff, my 3500c is bone stock. But I do have a Lowrance XOG and it has all the roads, POI and routable voice directions.... Now if you could just smash the two together you'd have the greatest GPS ever!

Intuit

Observer
Map Create software makes ALL the difference! Great detail - we used it on a trip from So Cal to Washington DC - never missed a beat with it. The POI information was spot on. POI = points of interest.

Ed

Thanks Ed for the information...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles