Super slow ambo build

rubberduck

Observer
Looking for some guidance on replacing the duals with a super single. It would appear that a 37 is going to be the smallest we can go. The up armored HMMWV tires are good for 4k each, but I'm not sold on the 16.5. Getting custom 20's is the other option. Been doing lots of digging on here and am still undecided. The ambo is currently at 11k and not complete. Any thoughts or experiences are greatly appreciated.

itjobhunter

Hey Mavis, I don't have a lot of info on the super singles, but there is a rig out there who used Stazworks for some custom wheels. He wasn't too thrilled, but they may have made some improvements, their website has some nice pics of their work. You might reach out to them...

I was wondering if you would be up for a conversation regarding your wiring - I want to remove as much wiring from my ambu as I can, but I like some of the light timers, etc, and I'm not sure if I can keep them. PM me if you're up for a phone call.
Bryan

cjken

Explorer
Looking for some guidance on replacing the duals with a super single. It would appear that a 37 is going to be the smallest we can go. The up armored HMMWV tires are good for 4k each, but I'm not sold on the 16.5. Getting custom 20's is the other option. Been doing lots of digging on here and am still undecided. The ambo is currently at 11k and not complete. Any thoughts or experiences are greatly appreciated.

I ran the H1 tires on my truck for a while. I’d say you will be happier with regular wheels and tires.
The good thing was the backspacing allowed me to keep the front dually hubs, but they were not great on the highway. Noisy and hard to keep balanced with the runflats.

bb8fcf347599abbda39bea1ec6256c7e.jpg

Here is a pic of truck when it had the H1 tires and rims.
Yours being a wide box may be better keeping dually and getting some more aggressive dually tires that can be aired down for sand and soft stuff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz