Super Singles for F450

HowardH

Adventurer
Looking for options for super single wheels for a 2017 F450. I'll be replacing 19.5's and while I want to go somewhat taller I'm not looking for anything extreme. I don't think beadlocks are necessary either. Suggestions for options and sources?

Sisyphus

Adventurer
Take a look at what Rickson and Buckstop has to offer.

To maintain GVWR, you pretty much have to go with 22.5s (common on earlier Earthroamers) or 20x11 beadlocks.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

goatherder

no trepidation
I just talked to Stockton Wheel about super single for my E450 short bus. They can build me a 16x10" wheel with a 1/2" thick center and whatever backspacing I want, that is gawdawful strong...for $235ea. I think they do 19.5's as well.

rossvtaylor

Adventurer
I can't help you with the wheel suggestions, because we were able to use stock 10-bolt semi-truck wheels on our ambulance.

But, I can tell you that we have been quite pleased with our 22.5 inch tires. So if you end up with a 22.5 inch rim, 9-10 inches wide, take a look at the DynaCargo tires. We got the Y601 on/off road tires, from Simple Tire (online). They are speed rated for highway cruising use, but also have a moderately decent tread for trail use. And their weight rating works for our medium duty truck, which formerly had 19.5 inch dual rear wheels.

Ross

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles