LateNate

Adventurer
WTB Looking for a build spot!

Gen 2 Tacoma Short Bed

Or some sort of trade for an Alu Cab Camper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

86scotty

Cynic
IDK I might cancel my reservation and put a deposit on an Enduro Camper. They deliver Dates in April/March. https://www.endurocampers.com/

Wow, can't believe I haven't seen or heard of this one. The pop top looks nice, and very similar to SP including their early pricing, but if they can pull off that Supertourer for anywhere close to the current price on their website I'll be in line for one.

86scotty

Cynic
Thinking I might get a wind fairing to try to smooth out the aerodynamics a bit between camper and cab. The Front runner one looks like it comes with mounts that could be modified to fit the t-track on the front.

Otherwise, so far I've only spent an hour or so getting the Hard Korr lights set up and plugged into my goal zero. I might want to pick up a couple of more pieces to get the lights evenly spread through the camper with switches in the best spots. I will say the internal routing makes for an incredibly easy set up. Yes you do spend some time jamming your fingers in the wire runs, but the fact that the wires almost disappear into them is incredible for how little work it takes.

Next will be to cut into the filler pieces they provide so the switches are mounted securely.

I'll post some more photos in the next few days.
That Front Runner fairing looks like a good deal. I dreamed up about 6 different ways to do a fairing on the way home from Portland with my SP. Due to the way the extrusion is made on an SP there are lots of cool ways to do it without attaching anything to the truck roof, which was my goal. I got interested in another project and sold my Tundra SP after only a few months of ownership but it is an incredibly high quality piece.

It could only be improved, in my opinion, by putting the screen outside of the canvas rather than in.

Huck

I ordered that one yesterday so will report back. After driving to colorado and back from the Bay Area, high speed highway driving def dings the mileage without one.

86scotty

Cynic
I ordered that one yesterday so will report back. After driving to colorado and back from the Bay Area, high speed highway driving def dings the mileage without one.

I lost right at 2 mpg when I picked up the SP. The mileage didn't bother me as much as the wind buffeting. It was pretty bad with my truck but I never solved it before I sold it.

jmodz

I lost right at 2 mpg when I picked up the SP. The mileage didn't bother me as much as the wind buffeting. It was pretty bad with my truck but I never solved it before I sold it.
I had an AT Summit and I have to agree, the wind buffeting was obnoxious. The MPG hit was pretty bad too on my 4cyl Tacoma. I really like the wedge style campers and the ability to stand up inside, but for me I don’t think I’ll go back to that style.

Last edited:

bucketibew

Just got my Super Pacific installed on my 2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost on 12/14/21.

The build quality seems amazing. Basically no wind noise and I cant tell a difference in MPG. The power boost is a hybrid so no problem driving in town on all electric with the Super Pacific on since its only about 300+ pounds. I pull a Hewes Craft 18ft boat with this truck and Im still able to drive on the all electric engine in town, so it doesn't surprise me the MPG isn't really affected by the Super Pacific being on the bed.

I'm gonna keep it as basic as possible so I can still use my truck bed as a truckbed. Meaning I'm not going to install much permanently if anything at all. All i'm going to do is use a 500 wh power station for charging any electronics I need including Hardkorr lights and then have the built in generator charge the power station when its low. Will probably get a fridge freezer to run off that as well but I might just keep it simple with coolers to keep the rockies blue. I do also plan on adding a 270 awning but thats about it.

I'll update down the road. View attachment 697863
Awesome I finally got mine shipped to the East Coast. I have to pick it up next week at the terminal. Been waiting 16 months. I've have tons of Parts lying around to put on. Spencer and Peter are great guys. I did a lot of phone conversations with them when they were developing their fuselage. The only problem is I'm getting ready to update my crew cab hopefully it will fit the 2022.

86scotty

Cynic
You should check out Enduro Campers. Full composite wedge-campers and their PROPOSED delivery date are March.

Fixed that for you. I'm not doubting them, yet, but SP has always had the best intentions as well. No one in the wedge market can keep up with demand, or supply for that matter.

Last edited:

mcjager

Fixed that for you. I'm not doubting them, yet, but SP has always had the best intentions as well. No one in the wedge market can keep up with demand, or supply for that matter.

Interesting. Looks like Go Fast is pumping them out.

Huck

They don't have the design of the Molle panels for the full size trucks done yet so while I wait, I figured I'd mock a rough one up for myself using some 1/4" MDF. (Did this on my Shaper Origin). If I do another I'll adjust the spacing / location of the cutouts to be further away from the canopy framing itself and be more useful, but happy to have quick access to some things I can mount here.

I customized it to make for an easy mounting of my Element fire extinguisher.

IMG_1144.png

Huck

Also, I received the Front Runner fairing. Quality piece and the rubber gasket is large enough and flexible enough to cover all of the grooves in the roof as well. Waiting on some different fasteners for the t-slots I picked up from McMaster Carr.

I ordered the widest one and will end up cutting some slots for it to tuck under the hinge extrusions.
Will post details and photos once I have it on there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior