Super Pacific - New Wedge Camper

JMyerz

Adventurer
I've seen, been in and felt the tent material and its bomber for sure.

Having had several different pop ups I cannot wait to see and feel the canvas. I'm more excited about that than any other single feature, but of course I'm stoked about the whole thing. I've had a CCV pop top van (excellent canvas), SMB pop top (not at all excellent canvas) and an Ursa Minor Jeep top (great quality but not at all breathable).

I'm going for a black camper shell and hoping Spencer is working out some gray canvas as well as the tan. Tan will work, I just like gray better.

I live in the muggy south and I really don't camp much in the heat here. I go west if I want to camp, way west, and stay a couple weeks. I am planning a roof vent in my top (Maxxair) and 200w solar (flat style panels). I'm not worried so much about insulation because I'll be dropping in a completely overpowered diesel furnace.

I would love to hear more about what people are thinking about insulation though.

JMyerz

Adventurer
Check this build out and his heating solution:

I never needed a heater in my van here in PNW, but this could be an interesting solution for heat.

I'm planning on sewing up panels with 3M thinsulate for the lower canopy. Still sorting out how to attach them, maybe velcro? I used this method in my sprinter and it had an incredible R Value while also reducing sound. Also planing on a bedrug for the truck bed, considering just the floor but might add the sides too.

J

This does look like the best tent I've seen. Was a fan of the design the Vagabond offered, but not so much the wait time or money down. But this one looks better.

Also plan to do something with solar. With the fan, I'm thinking there will be enough air movement with the tent open in most situations that this won't be a problem.

I plan on camping in temps down into the teens with this thing, so wanted to figure out some sort of heating solution. I was thinking of installing a propex, but have read about the diesel furnaces as well. I'd be interested to know about your setup. Only concern was that I read they don't do too well in elevation.

86scotty

Cynic
Intro pricing ends in a couple days. I have no idea how many Spencer has deposits on but may want to act now if you've been considering this!

alex_the_axe

I was able to go by Super Pacific yesterday and check out some in process canopies.
The design in these is flat-out impressive. The guys there are very excited with their product and I think they should be.
It'll be very cool to see how these continue to evolve.

Reactions: plh

Expedition Essentials

Approved Vendor : Expedition Essentials
Looks nicely executed, super clean and slightly more refined than some of the other options in this category; great price point as well.

86scotty

Cynic
I was able to go by Super Pacific yesterday and check out some in process canopies.
The design in these is flat-out impressive. The guys there are very excited with their product and I think they should be.
It'll be very cool to see how these continue to evolve.

Me too! I had a work trip out to Portland and dropped by to meet and distract Spencer. Great guy and while he didn’t have any complete tops I was able to see most of the pieces and get a feel for everything.
9ce0b7a8ac50aed23809676bae3b5969.jpg

f79e5620bf1a2fe0b940d287cba4fc26.jpg

a632dff8035b77cff376634a83a24a9c.jpg

d6efdae934357a8e972167bac5f78bfa.jpg

4dc3357082f52f7985e6cdf9728c7e23.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 9101

While it's not something that I would ever use, it is pretty neat and well thought out.

D. Tuttle

I'm on the list. Looking forward to my new Switchback X1. I'm just a little torn on my choice of color. I drive a 2019 Summit White Colorado ZR2. Im leaning with a black canopy and white side wing doors. I toyed around with a phone app and came up with this image.
Im thinking the seals on the Switchback may prevent dust and keep gear dry. The tent material and zippers are stout, locks can be installed on the tent to keep thinks safer. NOT built like an REI ROOFTOP but 100 TIMES BETTER.
Im thinking a white camo door wrap would complement the tan fabric of the tent and some roof rails to the top.

Attachments

• 2r2camo.jpg
    2r2camo.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 147

Antwon412

I really would love to have one of these. This simple style would really work out well. Unfortunately I would need to raise the second story of my house a few inches to get my truck inside the garage!
Once I leveled the truck and added 35s I only have about 2” clearance. Bummer.

Great looking product.

Last edited:

86scotty

Cynic
Im thinking a white camo door wrap would complement the tan fabric of the tent and some roof rails to the top.

Just FYI, Spencer if offering gray fabric as well. I'm going with gray on my black Tundra since the interior is gray. Not a showstopper either way but I'm glad he's making it available.

Camo wrap would look cool, but I've always been a fan of black everything on a white truck too.

Captainvo

Sold my van, James Baroud tent and camper shell to get one of these things. They look really well thought out and Spencer was very easy to talk to. I break pretty much everything so if this thing holds up, which I think it will, I'll be one happy guy. It will be really nice having one solid integrated unit considering I almost lost the James Baroud tent last weekend when the Thule rack towers sheared off.

86scotty

Cynic
Anyone have an update or get their top? I’ve been off the grid for about 10 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D. Tuttle

Just FYI, Spencer if offering gray fabric as well. I'm going with gray on my black Tundra since the interior is gray. Not a showstopper either way but I'm glad he's making it available.

Camo wrap would look cool, but I've always been a fan of black everything on a white truck too.
All Black top on white is wearing on me more when I see Roaming Lost and his blackout Dodge. It nice to know theirs a gray fabric option now.

Attachments

• 20201011_193104.jpg
    20201011_193104.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 68

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles