Super Pacific - New Wedge Camper

JMyerz

Adventurer
I’ve ordered one for my Tundra, it helps they are local to me and should have it by fall. The super pacific guys come from a great history of product design and engineering. I really can’t say enough on how awesome they’ve been to work and the amount of detail, time and thought going into this thing is amazing.

I had looked at Project M, GFC and AT in person closely (all great products) and it was clear that the Super PacIfic team have a superior product. I won’t do it justice but the way the thing is being built and manufactured leads me to believe that these things truly do have a fast turn time from order date.

I’ll be sure to post more as I get mine.

Last edited:

bucketibew

I’ve ordered one for my Tundra, it helps they are local to me and should have it by fall. The super pacific guys come from a great history of product design and engineering. I really can’t say enough on how awesome they’ve been to work and the amount of detail, time and thought going into this thing is amazing.

I had looked at Project M, GFC and AT in person closely (all great products) and it was clear that the Super PacIfic team have a superior product. I won’t do it justice but the way the thing is being built and manufactured leads me to believe that these things truly do have a fast turn time from order date.

I’ll be sure to post more as I get mine.
What kind of time frame did they give you

roving1

A non-ridiculous (Vagabond cough cough) deposit policy. For reference:

In order to secure a spot in the manufacturing queue we require a non-refundable $500 deposit. At this point we will work out your color and finish choices and determine your build date. Once we are ready to start your build, we require a payment of 50% of your final invoice and the remaining balance will be due when you pick up your beautiful Super Pacific product.

JMyerz

Adventurer
What kind of time frame did they give you

Fall 2020, I should see it by October at the latest I imagine. I'm also totally understanding if things get delayed a bit as I'm the first Tundra they are building. The amazing thing about this camper is its full scalable so it doesn't take a complete re-design for each vehicle, at least thats the way I understand it.

The deposit is totally fair and manageable. I actually liked it as it gave me time to sell my ARE canopy during the process.

JMyerz

Adventurer
Deposit down as well.

Will be working on coming up with some insulation solutions.

Awesome! I've got some ideas based off what we did in my sprinter van. I want to keep the interior quickly removable so I can hose it out if needed.

crhawkeye

Awesome! I've got some ideas based off what we did in my sprinter van. I want to keep the interior quickly removable so I can hose it out if needed.

We'll have to stay in communication. 2011 Tundra double cab here.

My current thoughts are removable reflectix panels and a bedrug for the truck.

roving1

I saw the windows with the little awnings on them on instagram. That is so cool and hardly any wedge campers/RTTs have ventilation you can actually use in the rain.

I wish I wasn't living on my savings at the moment.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200831-204907.png
    Screenshot_20200831-204907.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 371

86scotty

Cynic
Having had several different pop ups I cannot wait to see and feel the canvas. I'm more excited about that than any other single feature, but of course I'm stoked about the whole thing. I've had a CCV pop top van (excellent canvas), SMB pop top (not at all excellent canvas) and an Ursa Minor Jeep top (great quality but not at all breathable).

I'm going for a black camper shell and hoping Spencer is working out some gray canvas as well as the tan. Tan will work, I just like gray better.

I live in the muggy south and I really don't camp much in the heat here. I go west if I want to camp, way west, and stay a couple weeks. I am planning a roof vent in my top (Maxxair) and 200w solar (flat style panels). I'm not worried so much about insulation because I'll be dropping in a completely overpowered diesel furnace.

I would love to hear more about what people are thinking about insulation though.

crhawkeye

Having had several different pop ups I cannot wait to see and feel the canvas. I'm more excited about that than any other single feature, but of course I'm stoked about the whole thing. I've had a CCV pop top van (excellent canvas), SMB pop top (not at all excellent canvas) and an Ursa Minor Jeep top (great quality but not at all breathable).

I'm going for a black camper shell and hoping Spencer is working out some gray canvas as well as the tan. Tan will work, I just like gray better.

I live in the muggy south and I really don't camp much in the heat here. I go west if I want to camp, way west, and stay a couple weeks. I am planning a roof vent in my top (Maxxair) and 200w solar (flat style panels). I'm not worried so much about insulation because I'll be dropping in a completely overpowered diesel furnace.

I would love to hear more about what people are thinking about insulation though.

This does look like the best tent I've seen. Was a fan of the design the Vagabond offered, but not so much the wait time or money down. But this one looks better.

Also plan to do something with solar. With the fan, I'm thinking there will be enough air movement with the tent open in most situations that this won't be a problem.

I plan on camping in temps down into the teens with this thing, so wanted to figure out some sort of heating solution. I was thinking of installing a propex, but have read about the diesel furnaces as well. I'd be interested to know about your setup. Only concern was that I read they don't do too well in elevation.

86scotty

Cynic
I think that is mostly solved nowadays with a high altitude kit but I would definitely recommend doing your due diligence researching it. There is a lot of info here on Expo. I had a Planar diesel furnace in a Transit van which worked great but I didn't use it in extremely high elevation. My work rig has an Espar, which I'm too cheap to buy again if I can find a better option.

I have installed a couple of Propexes for people. They are great with a small footprint but you have to carry a decent sized propane tank then. Every good solution has a downfall.

JMyerz

Adventurer
I saw the windows with the little awnings on them on instagram. That is so cool and hardly any wedge campers/RTTs have ventilation you can actually use in the rain.

I wish I wasn't living on my savings at the moment.
They are super rad, the guys working on this have years of tent experience. Last time I checked they are calling this "passive venting" so you shouldn't need a fan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles