Super nice (overpriced as usual) 4wd truck and AK camper combo

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
NOT MINE

I tried to post more of the ad but this buggy Expo software kept booting the post for being too big of a file! Sorry gang, you’ll have to look it up yourselves is you have money
to burn...

They want $90,000 for a 2016 F350 and a 2013 Ak Camper, on a flatbed. Nice combo, just seems pricey (but not as bad as that $75k old Chevy van posted here on Expo).

DE8BAC4C-AF42-4830-8BDE-9C713AB4090F.jpeg

rxb0335

I don't know, doesn't seem too far off.... Time for my favorite Sunday morning game "How much do you think its worth?"?
35k - Truck
35k - Alaskan 8' Cab over (40k new reasonably optioned minus a few years depreciation, and these hold their value pretty well)
10k - flat bed, boxes, bumper and other options
I agree a little high, but if you got it for 75-80k seems like that would be a decent deal given this market.

Porkchopexpress

I agree a little high, but if you got it for 75-80k seems like that would be a decent deal given this market.

In my opinion, just because other people are paying too much for used RVs/campers doesn't make it a decent deal. You could buy a new 1 ton truck for about 50 and new high quality camper for about 40 if you have patience and don't go too crazy with options.

I went to an RV show last month and the overland style sprinter vans had 180ish price tags and every one had a sold sign and that was Saturday morning. About a year ago, I saw the exact same model selling lightly used, (less than 10k miles) for literally half the price.
The nice thing about truck campers is that you can get a new truck for basically pre-COVID prices and only pay a premium on the actual camper. Also, the higher quality, low volume truck campers were never marked down that much before the pandemic so really you are just facing longer wait times.
Also, once the RV fad has died down and the used market is flooded, your truck will still retain value.

ripperj

Explorer
Blows my mind when I see a FWC on a 15 year old ram diesel for $125k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wild1

Adventurer
Blows my mind when I see a FWC on a 15 year old ram diesel for $125k

I sold a very similar setup pre covid with twice the miles and three times the years for about a ninth of the price. For me that seemed fair considering what I had originally paid and how many years and miles it had left on it. I would say he is asking about what he probably has into it with no depreciation. Works for Sportsmobiles and Sprinter Vans but I don’t think the armchair adventurers with money to burn will be that attracted to what is actually a much more capable build. My new Ram 3500 Cummings and Northern Lite camper cost about 5 grand less then this in 2018.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
RXB0335...
“I don't know, doesn't seem too far off.... Time for my favorite Sunday morning game "How much do you think its worth?"?
35k - Truck”

Wow, $35 grand for a 5 year old truck, I had no idea!

“35k - Alaskan 8' Cab over (40k new reasonably optioned minus a few years depreciation, and these hold their value pretty well)
10k - flat bed, boxes, bumper and other options”

“I agree a little high, but if you got it for 75-80k seems like that would be a decent deal given this market.”
Agree.....That sounds more reasonable because otherwise, it is a pretty darn nice setup.

Last edited:

gringo m

Observer
In my opinion, just because other people are paying too much for used RVs/campers doesn't make it a decent deal. You could buy a new 1 ton truck for about 50 and new high quality camper for about 40 if you have patience and don't go too crazy with options.

I went to an RV show last month and the overland style sprinter vans had 180ish price tags and every one had a sold sign and that was Saturday morning. About a year ago, I saw the exact same model selling lightly used, (less than 10k miles) for literally half the price.
The nice thing about truck campers is that you can get a new truck for basically pre-COVID prices and only pay a premium on the actual camper. Also, the higher quality, low volume truck campers were never marked down that much before the pandemic so really you are just facing longer wait times.
Also, once the RV fad has died down and the used market is flooded, your truck will still retain value.
I don't think you'll find a new 4 door diesel 1 ton for anywhere near 50k.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior