Super Duper Bling Nissan Patrol SD33T - X2 Charged, One Of A Kind Diesel!

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
I will never recover what I have into this engine, but I must recover some of it!

This is an SD33T diesel from an 1984 Nissan Patrol. I had it built to the hilt in Australia and then imported it to the USA. The engine build cost me over $25kusd. It than cost me $5k to import, in the 84 Patrol which I used as my shipping container. I am the super duper Patrol addict guy who at one time not to long ago went to embarrassing ends to get **** nobody else had or probably wanted in N. America.

Short run down....

-Factory turbo block and base engine for the build, like I say from an 84 Patrol.
-Complete tear down to the bones, magnafluxed, shaved & balanced to extremes.
-Everything new in the build besides the block, crank and cam. All of these three things obviously got grinds and machining.
-Super & Turbo charged, yup I just said that, it is x2 charged! Zero lag, boost off the line! Sprintex S/C and custom Garret T3 turbo. The turbo is both liquid and oil cooled-lubed. S/C lubed from oil pump, even the Sprintex engineers got involved in this!
-Shaved sump system running a 5-stage gear driven oil pump. Custom housing machined to run this off the injection pump cam, does not interfere with timing. Pickup in valve cover and shaved sump, it will literally run upside down and not starve for oil! Super charger is even lubed and cooled via this pump. This is a fully custom system I spent big bucks on. Oil pump alone cost me $3,000.
-Large front mount and smaller top mount intercoolers. Yup I just said that too, it has x2 IC's. Significant drops in temps across the ICs. The engine loves them! Both custom made by PWR.
-Higher pop pressure on injectors to match the build. Custom grind on cam to match the build.
-Fully rebuilt injection pump costing me $2,000.
-Custom pulley system converting it to a serpentine belt, uses a mid-90's Jeep 4L belt.
-Custom tig welded SS remote sump reservoir. This cost me a grand to have fab'ed and it is super nice.
-Port & polish on manifolds and head.
-Lot's of ceramic coating on turbo dump and manifolds. Unbelievable results!
-Top mount oil cooler.
-Very nice custom made PWR aluminium radiator.
-New OEM oil pump, water pump, glow plugs, head gasket (from Japan) and much more bolt on's.
-All new high pressure steel injection pump lines from Japan, cost me over $500.
-Boost controller fitted, in cab design.
-Custom fitted Hitachi high amp alternator, fitted nice and high. Brand new 12v alt, 125amp iirc.
-I am sure there is much more I am not recalling at the moment, it is Friday, I just decided to do this and I am having a few cocktails!

In short, I am willing to bet there is not another SD33T on the planet like this one. It is a one of a kind build I spared no expense on, it took 2yrs just to build it. With shipping I have over $30k in this engine!! I will never recover that but I need to recover as much as possible. The motor is barely broke in, in fact it is not even fully broke in. I have only done about 150 miles on it tops around my property to work the break in. It needs more to break it in.

I have receipts for everything totaling well over $25,000usd. Engine has been sitting since late 2012 but I turn it over every month or two by hand. The project was designed, engineer and built by Damien, owner of Yuri4x4 in Australia. I know him personally and have been to his shop-house in Australia.

http://www.yurimecha...au/about/damien

Contact him directly if you want to discuss the engine with a 3rd party.

Here are videos of the engine on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvQafymoDFw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLG0rwIchw4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9e6HBURgiU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3ddBUe5G3M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EymQDjKwEE

This is absolutely a my loss your gain opportunity. I was crazy to build this and I am crazy to dump it. Life however changes and I am leaving the USA, so it must go! I am half tempted to buy a vintage 70's Datsun pickup and drop this in it ratrod style and sling it to try and recoup some more of my $$$. I am leaving in two months though and just don't have time for something like that.

NO BS sale, cash preferred. Drop it in a 510, a slammed pickup, or best of all a 4wd. Anything from old vintage Datsun to a newish X-Terra or anything in between and this thing will not only keep you smiling ear to ear to will wow Cummings guys and all your Datsun-Nissan friends. It is the REAL DEAL, no joke. The engine is best fitted to a Datsun-Nissan for the obvious reasons but don't let that stop you from considering it in a Jeep, Toyota, Mitsubishi or whatever! People put 4BTs in everything, why not this engine!? Super sick engine sound, one of a kind with the S/C & turbo, sounds like a jet engine! Seriously, this will blow peoples minds if you drop it in a Datsun (or anything else) and get it out there on the streets-trails.

Best to just call me directly and I will go on about it for an hour plus if you like.

Lets start it at $15,000obo. Located in Jackson, Wyoming. Could possibly meet in Denver, Boise or Salt Lake City area for the right no BS deal. Tons more pics of the build for serious inquires.

Cheers
Ian
3 zero 7 six 9 zero 0 five 9 four

Last edited:

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
More info:

The SD33T was put in some Scouts in the late 1970's and early 80's. I sourced a second hand Scout SD33T a few years back with the T-19 trans attached and bought it. I bought it for the bellhousing and engine plate. The adapter I have that mates the NV4500 to the SD33T is suited for the Scout application, so I needed the Scout bellhousing and engine plate. I have both in good condition. I tested fitted all this last night, along with taking measurements to make sure the assembly will bolt up to the engine. It is a go, no issues at all. To finish it off it needs a clutch. That is the last part needed to bolt everything up to this engine.

trans6.jpg
trans7.jpg
trans8.jpg
trans9.jpg
trans10.jpg

Cheers

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
This engine with this trans and t-case will make just about any truck super awesome. It will fit well in many applications like a Jeep, Land Cruiser, Nissan or many others because it is an inline-6. With the shaved sump there will be no issues with the front axle and clearance. I am extremely tempted to buy an 80-series with a bad motor and drop this all in it. But that is just me, it would go great in a Scout, Jeep, Rover or an X-terra. I will do slight dicsount for the engine combined with the trans, t-case and adapter.

Pics of the engine:
block1.jpg
sd33t1.jpg
sd33t2.jpg
new IJ pump.JPG
sd33t3.jpg
sd33t4.jpg
sd33t6.jpg
sd33t7.jpg
sd33t8.jpg
sd33t9.jpg

Cheers

pajeepman

Adventurer
Wow! That has got to be the most bad *** 33sd ever. Would have loves to have swapped the 33sd in my Jeep CJ10a for that beastly creation. Any idea what kind of power it put down.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier