Super Budget Build F350 - Northstar 850sc.....The Work Begins!

ALBERMA

Update....got a lot accomplished over the past two weeks (will post updated pictures when the rain passes).

The good news is we're going to do a test run next week. Leaving Saturday to try our hand at the Trans Americal Trail (the North Carolina) portion as it seems fairly tame. We have our first night all set (where to stay) but after that we are going to wing it some since I have no real concept of how much ground we'll cover in a day. Benefit of having a truck camper is I can always find somewhere to stay. I'll also be positng pictures throughout the trip.

Bad news is my trucks AC stopped blowing cold last weekend....so it goes in on Wednesday and hopefully they can fix it before our trip. Will really suck not to have AC for the trip.

All the items completed since the lat pictures (you'll notice them with the new pics):

1. Aluminum tie down rail to mount my Honda Genset and gas tank (or something else if needed)
  2. Eye bolts for the fastgun camper tie downs I use
  3. New wheels and tires (new factory take offs from a 2020 F350)
  4. Two 6" PVC pipes mounted to carrry collapsing table and fishing rods, water cans will strap on top of them
  5. Two herculine'd under bed tool boxes
  6. Wiring for new 7 pin plug for trailer and an additional 7 pin recievwe on the headache rack for the Northstar pigtail
  7. Also, rewired the battery compartment in the Northstar to add a better battery cut-off swith and additional 12v fuse panel for items I hope to add inside the camper moving forward..
  8. New Battery for the Northstar
Again, sorry for the update without pictures, but they are coming this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94