sunnybean's M416 build

sunnybean

Observer
Duty called the last two weekends. Not a lot of progress when you're stuck in the middle of the Bob Marshall wilderness. But, it helped pay for the new Tepui Kukanam Ruggidized.

Today I was able to skin the other two steps and get the new tongue built.

Getting closer. I hope to have it completed in a month.

406expo

Adventurer
the progress is looking really good. I would like to do an extension similar to yours, my factory tongue is far to short on the 416 for my taste. I would like to keep the lunette though.

sunnybean

Observer
Off to paint come Monday morning. Finishing up some last minute things like 1/2" body lift in case the 31" tires don't work out as planned.

pierceg

Nice job.
Amazing how muchwork goes into these builds. All we see is pictures. Makes it look like a few days easy work.

sunnybean

Observer
Nice job.
Amazing how muchwork goes into these builds. All we see is pictures. Makes it look like a few days easy work.

It's been more work (and money) than I ever imagined and this is a pretty simple build. I'm really looking forward to completion now that the end is in sight. Unfortunately the painter had some issues pop up and won't have the frame done by this weekend as he originally thought. I need to get the frame back from him, build it up, and then get the tub and lid back the following week so he can help me set it onto the frame. I other words, I'm still probably two weeks out from completion.

sunnybean

Observer
Lights are wired, suspension is lubed, light paint spots are identified in frog tape. I'm dragging it back to the painter for touch up. Should have it all complete by mid week if things all go as planned.

sunnybean

Observer
Very cool build, nice work! Where did you get the hinges for your lid?

Thank you!

The straps hinges are from Northern Tool. They are the shorter of the two versions. I also purchased the steal bushings for them (come with plastic) from someplace else (the name of which escapes me...some lawn mower place).

sunnybean

Observer
Yesterday I spent a few hours at the painters bolting the box and fenders back onto the frame.

When I got home the Mrs. helped get the RTT on. I also screwed up how I ran the wiring for the lights and had to cut the wires. So, today I, once again, soldered up the drivers side lights and finished off a few other little things.

Here it is all set up in the driveway. We're going to take it for a little jaunt tomorrow for a local camping trip. Staying close to make sure the wheels don't fall off or we have any other unforeseen circumstances.

I am so happy to pretty much be done with this six month project. We're looking forward to the adventures to come.

Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles