Sunlight readable

ADVNOMAD

I use Gaia on my iphone and generally quite happy with it for my minimal needs. I have the premium version for downloadable maps and use this function often here in the northwest. My concern is that I'll be getting an adventure motorcycle this summer and wondering what platform to use the GAIA on. My Iphone washes out pretty bad in sunlight. Any Ideas to be able to still use the GAIA?

pluton

Adventurer
Good question; A smartphone with a daylight readable screen! It'd have to be the Android system, since Apple isn't going to make it, IMO. My Garmin Montana 700i has a pretty good daylight readable screen, but of course it's a Garmin device that is expensive (tho cheaper than a newer iPhone) and the UI is a slug compared to iPhone.

clydeps

The Samsung Galaxy Note devices are pretty good in sunlight and have a good size screen. The older units can be picked up cheaply. I use a Note 3 in a glider to run nav software and it's fine even in direct sunlight.

ADVNOMAD

Thanks guys. I'll ponder those ideas for awhile. Would really be hard to give up my Ishakle OS though. Thought about those screen protectors that have the glare reduction capabilities. The issue with those are you have to look directly straight line of sight to see your screen. Useless when standing on the foot pegs on double track roads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94