Sun Saver MPPT - Users - Question

jeepboy_90

Observer
We are currently running a Sun Saver MPPT 15 on our vehicle, feed by 2x100W Renogy panels . We have a 24v systems. It is running to two brand new Blue Top Optima batteries.

Our question is does your controller beep a lot? It seems ours beeps quite a bit.

We can't seem to find anything online about the beeping, think it does it when it is changing modes/charging state?

Thank you.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
The manual for the SS15 doesn't mention audible alerts. All communication is via LEDs.

Charlie don't surf.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
The manual for the meter doesn't say anything about it beeping either.

So it appears that that thing ain't supposed to beep. I can't even see that it has any way *to* beep.

So I'd say it's decision time. Who ya gonna call?

A) Ghostbusters.
B) The Exorcist.
C) Psychiatrist.
D) Morningstar.

4x4junkie

Explorer
Yeah my MPPT-15 has never once ever beeped at me in the 5 years I've had it. Maybe you got something else (battery alarm?) beeping at you.

If this is in a full camper with smoke, CO, & LP gas detectors, maybe also check to see if it's one of those beeping at you (I know the LP detector in our Winnebago beeps quite loud if the voltage fluctuates, and for a moment when we kill the main power solenoid when we park it). Because as said above it isn't the SunSaver that's beeping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles