Summitbeerowl's 93 Toyota Truck Build

Summitbeerowl

Adventurer
And now the latest.
It was a long day back and forth with Autoanything. Ended up dealing with 2 different customer service reps. In the end they are sending me 2 new rear flares and charging me half the price. Not the exact outcome I was hoping for but better then nothing.
I ended up calling Bushwacker too to see if they could help since really it was their fault and not Autoanythings. Their response was that these things happen a lot and they get many complaints everyday with people needing just one flare but there is nothing they can do. Once a company buys their product its their problem. Nice! I have no good things to say about their customer service. And given the choice on buying new flares i would never buy their brand again. Unbelievable how a company that wants to market themselves can be so unwilling to work with you. I use to be in sales and we did everything we could to make the customer happy. A name means everything. Apparently Bushwacker does not feel the same way.
Autoanything though knows what it means to work with the customer. Maybe they cant do everything but they can do something. Thanks!
So now we wait till next week when the flares arrive and can be painted and installed.
I wish I had my truck....

Summitbeerowl

Adventurer
Thanks everyone for your thoughts! Well, chrome is what I think I will do.
I wanted to go black and was seriously considering​ a black ARB bumper on the front but the truck did not come in anywhere close to budget or the original estimate on the paint and work they did. It turned out to be twice what I was expecting.
So (for now) I will just order a chrome to match the front. Hopefully down the road I can change them both out.
This way I can move on to more needed items like the roof rack and making the inside of the topper habitable.
Still considering graphics but after seeing how the truck turned out with the flares that too doesn't seem as needed....Yet.��

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Beautiful truck beerowl! Far better choice fixing it up over buying a new one. You've made all the right decisions so far. I'd live with it without graphics for a while. You may just find simple is better. I've been shopping for an ARB style bumper for both my 100 series and my new (old) 4Runner. They are stupid expensive, but sure nice. I think I'm going to just fab my own I think. My old '90 had the ARB. Wish I still had that truck...

image.jpg2_zps5vr09vr9.jpg

Summitbeerowl

Adventurer
Beautiful truck beerowl! Far better choice fixing it up over buying a new one. You've made all the right decisions so far. I'd live with it without graphics for a while. You may just find simple is better. I've been shopping for an ARB style bumper for both my 100 series and my new (old) 4Runner. They are stupid expensive, but sure nice. I think I'm going to just fab my own I think. My old '90 had the ARB. Wish I still had that truck...

image.jpg2_zps5vr09vr9.jpg

Thanks! I've certainly checked out pics of your truck. Love that white and the front bumper. Little concerned when ARB says I lose my airbag but I sure like the look.
Your truck makes me think I need a snorkel too. Lol

Summitbeerowl

Adventurer
So I ordered the chrome bumper and it showed up with no issues. But as I look it over it makes me wonder if I could make my old Toyota treads fit on the new bumper since the new one looks pretty cheap.
And so the work begins....
This is what the new treads look like on the new bumper.
IMG_20170317_160308.jpg
Had to do a bit of trimming on the back side but the clips matched almost perfectly.
IMG_20170317_155708.jpg
One side done.
IMG_20170317_160302.jpg
I think it looks good. Most people would never know its not factory. And I like how it once again says Toyota on it.
IMG_20170317_160322.jpg
Before mounting the bumper I thought I should touch up the hitch a bit...
IMG_20170319_150516.jpg
Bumper on!
IMG_20170318_122302.jpg
IMG_20170318_122318.jpg

duckhunter71

Adventurer
That looks awesome. "Modified stock" is my favorite look and you have that going on with your pickup. Purposeful, conservative, and tasteful. I just got my 4Runner put together and I tried to stick to this theory as much as I could.

Summitbeerowl

Adventurer
Now looking for a muffler. Considering the Flowmaster 60. I'd like something that improves horsepower and milage but isn't too loud.
Any thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke