Suitable Strom front end

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
RR1...(photo taken from your reply in the recent KLR thread)

Do you know what these forks, front wheel, brakes, etc are off?

dl1.jpg

I have just bought a Strom project bike from a friend that has all Husaberg ('05 maybe) running gear....so Whitepower USD forks, big Brembo single disc, and 21" front and 18" rear spoked wheels. Unfortunately the 'Berg bits aren't included in the deal and I'll have to return them soon after I ride the bike home, so I need to source a suitable replacement front end........and at only 5'10 it's miles too high for me as it is anyway. The bike does come with the original triple clamps and rear wheel which I intend to use (mainly for the tubeless tyres). Having a 19" front wheel will be OK too I think so I may even try to source another Strom front wheel but would really like some advice on the forks and suitable brakes.

I have found a guy here wrecking a 2010 DR 650 (and a '08 400 too). Not sure if they are the same diameter as the Strom clamps though (43mm I think) and I was going to look at fitting them but not sure if I could run a second brake caliper if I did that.

Finding a set of Strom forks seems impossible here so far and I thought a little more travel might be nice too so that's why I'm examining options. The forks above look pretty neat , hence the post.

Any comments?

Thanks in advance
John

Last edited:

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
CoastalDefender

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251613

This guy has some great ideas.

Thanks mate.

Not sure about the forks either. I actually thought they looked like Suzuki but the twin calipers threw me.

Had a look at that thread......wow, as you said there's heaps of good ideas in there and I'll have do do something to the front fairing as "glitch oz" had to do in that thread too as the fairing on this one was wiped out with the original front end. It only has an oldskool headlight clamped to the WP forks for now. I have plenty of composites experience and was planning to make something like the red front beak on this Dr750 below.

5768093894_45851a344f_z.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier