Suggestions for a 12V portable shower that can be used with a bucket or 5G Scepter can?

shade

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts.

I should have mentioned that we plan to be using this pretty regularly. We are on the road weeks / months at a time. When we are remote, with minimal water options, we like to shower at least every 4 days. Historically, we take 2-2.5G showers each.

After a lot of consideration / research, we decided to try out the Big Kahuna with the heater kit. After we use it for some time, I will let you all know how it does. The reason we chose this option is that we wanted a hot shower without using any fuel (propane or isobutane propane), a 12V pump, an electric heater, and most importantly, it fits in the back of our vehicle. Yes, we could boil water to add to a bucket, scepter, or many of the shower options out there, but since we have 360Ah of batteries and 420W of solar, this seems like a good, portable option for us. Time will tell...

Thanks again.
I hadn't seen one of those. Thanks for the link, and I look forward to your review.

chickadee

Adventurer
Review of the Big Kahuna portable shower:

We purchased this item in August 2019 and had not used it until we were in Morocco in March 2020. Now, we are locked down in the Moroccan desert due to Covid-19 and use the shower every other day, if not daily.

We only used the heating element to test the product prior to shipping our van to Iceland and once on a Moroccan beach. I will say, it worked beautifully to warm the water.
We have access to 100 degree spring water where we are hunkered down, so do not have the need for the heating element.

The 12 V pump, nozzle and suction cup holder, hose, and form factor of the water vessel are great.

I would highly recommend this device. It’s a great tool. 1BA4CA36-64EE-4796-AF1C-F2C06E199F85.jpeg

I use a 12 volt water pump and a Camp Chef tankless water heater. The heater uses 2 "D" cells for power.Little propane and your taking hot showers for as long as you have water. The enclosure is a "Quick Pitch" HArd to find but worth every penny. Ive attached a few pictures

Attachments

• IMG_1598.JPG
    IMG_1598.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1607.JPG
    IMG_1607.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1628.JPG
    IMG_1628.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 59

ajmaudio

Adventurer
I use a 12 volt water pump and a Camp Chef tankless water heater. The heater uses 2 "D" cells for power.Little propane and your taking hot showers for as long as you have water. The enclosure is a "Quick Pitch" HArd to find but worth every penny. Ive attached a few pictures

What water pump are you using?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier