Suggestion for a camping spot in Belize?

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
There are some rumors floating around that the world may not be ending on 12/21/12, in which case it could be a great idea to spend Christmas in Belize.

I have been there before and it's one of my favorite country in Central America.

I have a few places in mind already but I would welcome any suggestion for a great place to camp!

l36.jpg

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
I like the looks of that place you have in the pic.... I can't wait to see these new places.

That's in Hopkins, a small village. Unfortunately she says she does not have sufficient space for 10-15 vehicles, but we'll find another similar.

Containerized

Adventurer
Does it need to be on the water?

If so, there are places to choose from between Alabama and the Big Creek Delta. We did some tent camping (2 nights) on the beach in that area when I was sailing the coast of Belize on a friend's small catamaran years ago.

If inland is OK, it may be easier to find something near the Monkey River, and that section of Belize is more accessible on tarmac and public roads, rather than coastal areas where you might run afoul of local rules or have to ask permission from private landowners...

Honu

lost on the mainland
if the world does end in some way you will have your choice of camping spots :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94