SUBURBICON, Urban Escape Vehicle.

swirvin21

Hard Corps
I hear the Chevy 400 and 700R4 are some of the easier ones to do, but there are a few tools you need and a good way to remember EVERY tiny part you pull out and what order it goes back....Great thing to practice if you plan to do it again in the future, but may be worthwhile to pay someone for you to watch

Dratwagon

Adventurer
Been busy parting out the CUCV about the only thing left is the front clip and the nostalgia ac unit, so I'm back to work on the suburban, I was able to slip the 6.2, turbo 400 and the 205 in for mock up and to check for clearance with floorboards.
Also working on swapping out the 2wd brake lines for the 4wd along with the fuel injection lines for diesel lines.
Nitto released the 37" terra grappler G2 on the 2nd so we ordered a set, should be in next week.

20150209_171533.jpg

Dratwagon

Adventurer
Got the phone call today from the tire store that my new tires in.

20150212_150902.jpg

This is to funny.

20150212_145844.jpg

Ya I know there chrome, but for what I paid for them they will work for now, anyone here have any luck with plasti dip.

20150213_164452.jpg

20150213_164610.jpg

Bojak

Adventurer
Yes works/looks good. Yeah it cam peel but cheap alternative that is mildly durable and cheap to redo. Just did my buddy's ram. Looked way better than chrome.

swirvin21

Hard Corps
plasti-dip has a harder time sticking to chrome, so unless you're willing to rough them up you'll need to use an adhesive promoter. You can also bedline them or have them blasted for a bare alum look. I would also troll around and see if anyone wants to trade wheels, amazing how many guys want the chrome and having them remounted won't be anymore than having them painted or something. Personally, I think the plasti-dip stuff is great for testing out colors and keeping a rig looking nice after constant trail scraping.....but you have to peel and reapply regularly, haven't heard that it touches-up well.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
That is one really cool:Wow1: looking build Dratwagon. Your fab skills are top notch. Clean bodywork and the fabrication of the rear bumper is impressive. The way the `wings´go round the side of the rear body makes it look like it was factory made. :drool:I love when someone does nice work, and love it even more when it is documented with pics that clearly show the progress of the work done. Thanks for posting as you well know that there are many of us following your cool build... Cheers, Chilli..:)

Dratwagon

Adventurer
Built a frame to mount my 2005 Chevy Silverado front seats.

20150222_125844.jpg

I used the stock seat mounts.

20150222_130002.jpg

20150222_130408.jpg

The seats are pretty much in the stock position.

20150222_134304.jpg

20150222_130435.jpg

Still plenty of room for the seAt to fold.

20150222_134253.jpg

cyclic

Adventurer
I'm gonna need a bunch more pics of that seat frame. I have a set of 2003 seats to put in my burb also. I've seen a couple different ways and your method is the best by far! Templates, measurements, every detail you can possibly provide, I would be grateful. Unless your willing make another one to send to Texas? Would even be killer in a kit format, everything cut and welded together, except the front to back pieces. Would ship nicely.

ADVW/Liam

Adventurer
driver seat height

Is it me, or does the driver seat look a little too close to the steering wheel along the Y axis? Great build by the way, I cant wait to see the end product!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94