SUBURBICON, Urban Escape Vehicle.

swirvin21

Hard Corps
gotcha, used those for lining up body panels but typically use cut and weld method for curves. Will definitely consider using this method as it looks cleaner with less finishing work needed.

Bojak

Adventurer
Pretty slick fab skills. If you move to GA I got a spot for a guy with those talents. Good welders are not the same as good fabricators. Rig is coming together nicely. Makes me even more depressed about the current state of affairs with my square body. Keep up the excellent work.

Dratwagon

Adventurer
Pretty slick fab skills. If you move to GA I got a spot for a guy with those talents. Good welders are not the same as good fabricators. Rig is coming together nicely. Makes me even more depressed about the current state of affairs with my square body. Keep up the excellent work.

Thanks, I would love to do this for a living, I was once a journeymen body man but that got way to boring, I don't mind the heat but you can keep your humidity.

Dratwagon

Adventurer
Was able to squeeze some time to get some more work done, bent up some side panels.

20150506_175228.jpg

Got to play with my new dimple dies.

20150506_175247.jpg

I also made a new center panel.

20150506_175145.jpg

Doesn't look too bad from this side either.

20150506_175330.jpg

:coffee:

Dratwagon

Adventurer
Got enough of the parts to get it tacked together and bolted to the roof, I used 1" solid rubber between the rack and roof to help with vibration and noesis, still waiting on the vertical E track for the outside of the rack, even though it's just tacked together I was able to jump around on the top rack.
Still need to mount the actuator.

20150531_184030.jpg
hanks rayra.

justcuz

Explorer
The roof rack looks real good, but I have a question.
Do you think the holes in the front of the deflector/light bar defeat the purpose of it? They may increase wind noise, drag and the introduction of dust and water (rain driving) to the back side of your lights and wiring. They also may allow tree branches to get hung up in the holes and damage your rotating light bar or the lights themselves.
Just food for thought, your level of work shows great talent and I am enjoying the build, just hate to see it get damaged needlessly.

Dratwagon

Adventurer
Thanks for the complements.
As far as the dimpled holes I don't think that they will make that big of a difference one way or the other, im sure that I might catch a branch or two but this is built tough with the ability to be rebuilt and the lights are weather tight.
The cool factor of dimpled holes out weight everything else. :)

Thats what i'm concerned with is wind noise and drag. When i build mine. However i have been thinking of building a low profile rack like this

bigT74

busted knuckles
Very nice build, the bobbed look is great! Your fab work and body work is something to be proud of. Well done sir!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles