Suburban/Tahoe(and GMC) pic/build thread

fnjeep314

Observer
If its possible to go from middle row buckets to a bench, how hard is it to go from a bench to buckets? Are all the holds and mounts there for both on the 00-06's?

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
If its possible to go from middle row buckets to a bench, how hard is it to go from a bench to buckets? Are all the holds and mounts there for both on the 00-06's?

fnjeep314,

That's a great question. And I just happen to have buckets in middle row in my suburban now, and have a 60/40 bench sitting in the garage that I was planning on putting in. I will try to get to that project this week and get some pictures. As far as I know, it should all bolt right up, GM has always been really good about stuff like that. I am also puling out my old 2000 center console and putting in a newer 2003 center console up front.

rayra

Expedition Leader
yeah, GM doesn't change the fit of things unless they have to (i.e. my '85 C-10 and '02 k1500 Sub use the same u-joints). It's a good bet that a 60/40 will fit the outboard bolt holes for 2nd row buckets. And will likewise fit a 60/40 from a GMT-400 series, too. But don't take my word for it, measure before you drag one home from a wrecking yard.

lilkia

Yes. It will be a direct bolt in. I did measurements in my LJY when looking at switching my 01s bench for a newer seats with the LATCH system for baby seats. Bench, buckets whatever the body mounts are all the same front and rear. The actual brackets are seat specific so make sure you unmount those from the rig and not the seats from the bracket. It sounds obvious but Im basing the comment off of what I saw in the salvage yard. Some shmo actually left the seat mounts and just took the actual seats.

fnjeep314

Observer
The wife was telling me that she probably wants another baby. This will be number 3 for her and I and number 4 in total(I have a older daughter from a previous marriage) and if thats the case, I will have to get a suburban. The wife has a van so she is good, but I am thinking that I would want captains chairs in the middle because the older 2 would be in the back and the younger 2 in the middle and I would not want to have to remove a car seat to move the seat so they can get in the back. Having a walk through would be so much nicer and better to have in my situation.

flash23

Just to let everyone know who is interested, changing the seats from bucket to bench wasn't that hard at all. The hardest part is getting some of the plastic covers off that covers the nuts and bolts. I got some bench seats through a salvage yard for pretty cheap. If you do that, save all the hardware from whatever seats you're changing out, like the plastic covering. I'm also going to have to go to a hardware store to find bolts that secure the 60 part to the 40 part, but that's noylt a big deal. Everything bolted in nicely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles