Suburban/Tahoe(and GMC) pic/build thread

Heavyhoe02

tyler.armijo,

It absolutely does count, what a good looking Avi, looks so much better than mine.

th4f09w.jpg

Not to stir things up too much, I photoshopped this one looking for ideas on what to eventually do with it. Rear end is actually chopped off right now and awaiting transplant onto whats left of my 96 Tahoe farm/plow truck.

0IEaP0J.jpg

Work in progress but this is what it might look like by the end of this summer.
any progress on this project?

RikFlairWoo

Observer
Here's pic of my 2004 from about 3 years ago. Looks a little different now but not much.

Currently has takeoffs from JL Rubicon 2 door 33" BFG KO3(?) cant rmember the name rn.

Fox 2.0 IPS shox, new bumps and links all around etc., Do you guys reccomend new rear springs? (245k miles on the originals). I am getting the truck ready for dove season now.

I just had a new t-case put in, I fried the original one a few weeks ago at the beach in Port A, TX. Not sure what happened but somewhere along the line it dumped all of its fluid without me knowing, then seized up. The fuel pump also went out on the same trip. These issues are not indicative of them being unreliable trucks, I have had this for 10 years and 115k plus miles, offroad, snow, mud, mountain grades etc. Has never given me any issues other than normal wear and tear parts and the stupid t-case encoder motor ring issue. If you have 4x4 truck just go ahead and replace the encoder motor now if it is still running the stock unit. $150 easy DIY and you don't run risk of getting stuck on an island right as a hurricane is bearing down ********!

Tahoe2017.JPG

fnjeep314

Observer
Here's pic of my 2004 from about 3 years ago. Looks a little different now but not much.

Currently has takeoffs from JL Rubicon 2 door 33" BFG KO3(?) cant rmember the name rn.

Fox 2.0 IPS shox, new bumps and links all around etc., Do you guys reccomend new rear springs? (245k miles on the originals). I am getting the truck ready for dove season now.

I just had a new t-case put in, I fried the original one a few weeks ago at the beach in Port A, TX. Not sure what happened but somewhere along the line it dumped all of its fluid without me knowing, then seized up. The fuel pump also went out on the same trip. These issues are not indicative of them being unreliable trucks, I have had this for 10 years and 115k plus miles, offroad, snow, mud, mountain grades etc. Has never given me any issues other than normal wear and tear parts and the stupid t-case encoder motor ring issue. If you have 4x4 truck just go ahead and replace the encoder motor now if it is still running the stock unit. $150 easy DIY and you don't run risk of getting stuck on an island right as a hurricane is bearing down ********!

View attachment 605141
Man, thats a rough trip to have all that go at once. But Good to hear that yours has been so reliable. I know they are and I really want to get one soon finally. Just have to talk the wife into "another" car. But since we are getting a camper, pushing getting a Tahoe or Suburban to help pull the trailer should be an easier sell!

Heavyhoe02

View attachment 605141
rear springs judging by the pic look good still, i just put z71 springs in my ls tahoe, lifted the rear a hair under 2 inches. man i love that green i need a green one to match my 02 2500HD! i go to port aransas quite often i live just out side of san antonio in pipecreek

Overlandtowater

strong work!!!!! looks good, do the ac lines lines run up into the cab behind the rear wheel of a suburban like a tahoe? wanting to cut the back of mine like that but not sure if possible because of rear ac lines.
Yes it does. I plan to make a skid to cover them.....you can see them here.20200819_214158.jpg

Overlandtowater

good deal thanks for the reply, looked over your build thread, doin good work!
Thanks. I made the cut even with the body mount in rear, you can see in the above picture where the busing is and where the body mount contacts the inner wall...one thing I was happy to find when cutting this off was a plate just above where I cut that seals the cabin from the out side so it was one less filler plate I needed to make and weld in.

fnjeep314

Observer
Thanks. I made the cut even with the body mount in rear, you can see in the above picture where the busing is and where the body mount contacts the inner wall...one thing I was happy to find when cutting this off was a plate just above where I cut that seals the cabin from the out side so it was one less filler plate I needed to make and weld in.
Cant wait to see what the end result is. I think it will look good!

Heavyhoe02

Thanks, I just hope it looks half as good as what I want it too......I will never again ask why bumpers cost 2000 bucks.
right! ive built prolly built 20 bumpers on vehicles of my own and people always want one built until they hear the price, people just dont understand the time that goes into making them.

Heavyhoe02

Bumpers all finished up and painted aswell as roof rack, lifted rear 2" with z71 springs and lifted front 2" with torsion keys

Attachments

• IMG_159723514573F.jpg
    IMG_159723514573F.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 149
  • 20200716_105355.jpg
    20200716_105355.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 142
  • 20200617_180813.jpg
    20200617_180813.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 139

Forum statistics

Threads