Suburban mild lift parts? (GMT800 '00-06)

FourOff

My tires finally arrived (after sitting in a FedEx warehouse for a week), so those are finally getting mounted Wednesday.
Ordered the springs and shocks, but now looking at bushings and control arms to do "while I'm in there."

Have acdelco swaybar end links and bushings coming, but the upper and lower control arms are driving me crazy.
I think I got the right Moog LCAs (RK620830/1) but there are three different UCAs (not including the nicer "CK" options) they list for the 2003 Suburban 1500:
RK80942 (which I think is the right one)
RK80826 (with "offset" bushings - not sure what that does)
RK621782 (which is 4x the cost and can't tell why...)

If that first one is correct, a few reviews say they had trouble fitting it. Anybody struggle with these (or is this the wrong part)?

03tahoe

Would you consider aftermarket UCA with replaceable ball joints? Otherwise MOOG CK80942 from Rock Auto would do. I've been very happy ordering parts from them since you know exactly what your going to get. That's more than you can say from some other sellers.

FourOff

Would you consider aftermarket UCA with replaceable ball joints? Otherwise MOOG CK80942 from Rock Auto would do. I've been very happy ordering parts from them since you know exactly what your going to get. That's more than you can say from some other sellers.

Thanks, I'll check those out. Might be worth the extra $40 to have replaceable ball joints.

SubSar

My tires finally arrived (after sitting in a FedEx warehouse for a week), so those are finally getting mounted Wednesday.
Ordered the springs and shocks, but now looking at bushings and control arms to do "while I'm in there."

Have acdelco swaybar end links and bushings coming, but the upper and lower control arms are driving me crazy.
I think I got the right Moog LCAs (RK620830/1) but there are three different UCAs (not including the nicer "CK" options) they list for the 2003 Suburban 1500:
RK80942 (which I think is the right one)
RK80826 (with "offset" bushings - not sure what that does)
RK621782 (which is 4x the cost and can't tell why...)

If that first one is correct, a few reviews say they had trouble fitting it. Anybody struggle with these (or is this the wrong part)?
The RK80826 with offset bushings are the ones that will give you more adjustment to bring the alignment back in after lifting the front end. With my 3/2 Lift and Level I did not have to change the upper control arms. I still have the factory originals. The alignment technician did warn me that if he could not get the alignment back into spec the offset bushing arms would be the fix.

FourOff

The RK80826 with offset bushings are the ones that will give you more adjustment to bring the alignment back in after lifting the front end. With my 3/2 Lift and Level I did not have to change the upper control arms. I still have the factory originals. The alignment technician did warn me that if he could not get the alignment back into spec the offset bushing arms would be the fix.

I ended up using the CK uppers and it seemed to align up okay.

Anybody else have trouble getting the rear springs in? I didn't have enough space with the brake line limiting the rear axle drop so I had to use some spring compressors to squeeze them in. I was worried they would pull on the brake lines once everything was in, but it looked like it was loose enough once everything was together (and even better once the truck was on the ground).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior