Subaru owners: Let's see your expedition rigs!

socceronly

I won't take my 2019 Outback anywhere.

It left me stranded three times with a dead battery or screwed up electrical. No way I take it anywhere remote now.

Never got to the lift kit after the breakdowns. Just bought an e350.

Attachments

• IMG_20210511_180411434_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210511_180411434_HDR.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 31

MiamiC70

It left me stranded three times with a dead battery or screwed up electrical. No way I take it anywhere remote now.

If a dead battery kept you from taking your Outback anywhere ”maybe“ you should take up another hobby. you can always “Overland“ that e350 at the mall or the golf course. ?

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris

Curious. Did you ever figure out what was causing the problem? While there is always a handful of "Monday/Friday" cars produced I haven't heard of Subaru electrical problems, except for the soybased wiring and rodent issues.

socceronly

Curious. Did you ever figure out what was causing the problem? While there is always a handful of "Monday/Friday" cars produced I haven't heard of Subaru electrical problems, except for the soybased wiring and rodent issues.

One time it just malfed out in the home Depot parking lot. Others were just dead

Well there is this down south...

socceronly

If a dead battery kept you from taking your Outback anywhere ”maybe“ you should take up another hobby. you can always “Overland“ that e350 at the mall or the golf course. ?

No. It just dies with no warning. It's beyond a dead battery. Like drive to the store, come out, car dead. Not sure I have any control over that. The whole system is buggered. Windows won't open, tailgate ect.

There is a class action lawsuit underway in the USA.

Just to clarify, fixing it was not as simple as charging the battery. It had to be towed to the dealership for them to perform whatever magic they do to the system.

The security system engages sometimes, and none of the procedures listed work. Must be towed.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giobarra