Subaru owners: Let's see your expedition rigs!

Rallye

Probably a good time for an updated picture of the Crosstrek.

d6016e714cebb4492f5e5f2f583ed22f.jpg

I’m really reaching the point of limitations. Definitely not abandoning the platform, but the next steps are going to be long, tedious, and expensive.

- TD04 Turbo (just need to find a time I can have her down for a couple weeks just in case, then I’ll pull the trigger on the WRX turbo)
- Custom Fox/King Struts (again, need time. But also need to crap out like $1,200)
- Rear Bumper with spare mount and fold down table (likely the next move, as it’s the cheapest and easiest to still use my car daily while building.)

I should probably start a build thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Porcupine86

What tent is that? I'm kinda leaning toward a hard shell pop-up style tent, but I'm sure the more traditional ones like you have are lighter.

Mine is the Tepui Kukenam 3 Explorer. The Ayer (2-person) and the Baja Series Kukenam 3 Tepuis are a little lighter, but I was able to snag this one used for 2/3 the cost of new. My wife and I can put it on top together without much trouble (I'm 5'8" and she's 5'4"). It definitely feels lighter than the 130 lbs they quote it at, but I've never actually tried to weigh it.

Need to figure out how to store it for winter, but I'm in a parking garage so I can't do the kayak roof hangar I've seen some people use.

Genshin

I went with the Autana 3 model because it comes with an annex and I also purchased the weather shield for inclement weather. Basically does what their aluminium version will do. Keeps cold and elements out, while keeping heat in. I tried it out this last winter in sub 32F weather, and it worked pretty well. Well enough in that I didn't need to sleep inside my sleeping bag as I was pretty warm. I checked my camera, I don't see any additional pics of the weather shield, but here is what they have on their website: Tepui Weather Hood

borison

Adventurer
Do you have a build thread or more pics? I’d love to see more of this rig.
Probably a good time for an updated picture of the Crosstrek.

d6016e714cebb4492f5e5f2f583ed22f.jpg

I’m really reaching the point of limitations. Definitely not abandoning the platform, but the next steps are going to be long, tedious, and expensive.

- TD04 Turbo (just need to find a time I can have her down for a couple weeks just in case, then I’ll pull the trigger on the WRX turbo)
- Custom Fox/King Struts (again, need time. But also need to crap out like $1,200)
- Rear Bumper with spare mount and fold down table (likely the next move, as it’s the cheapest and easiest to still use my car daily while building.)

I should probably start a build thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

shedfullatools

Here is my 08 Forester, ADF 2-2.5'' lift, Ko2s, Cb radio, Unity spotlight sealed beams in rubber housings for some serious light out front and front bumper cut for better approach angle. Was running a custom swing out tire carrier but decided to take it off recently for a cleaner simpler look, very impressed with what this car will do. Edit: Need to grab an updated picture of the rear sometime with no Tire rack and a different antennae mount

Attachments

• IMG_1034 (2).JPG
    IMG_1034 (2).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1035.JPG
    IMG_1035.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1044.JPG
    IMG_1044.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1057 (3)_LI.jpg
    IMG_1057 (3)_LI.jpg