Subaru owners: Let's see your expedition rigs!

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
any of ya'll running a Double Batt setup ?
Or a NL power pack ?

How are you running wires through the firewall ?
I gots a 16 OB and looking at running some wires,but dotn know what would be the best location...

WhatTheZo

There is a spot behind a perforated place of insulation right next to the wiring harness. Evidently there used to be something there. If you drill right through that exits near the gas pedal behind a flappy piece of foam. I out a boot in mine but haven't run any wires yet.
ae1a16687bb8a709ae97c0620d71f72c.jpg
fc8318d04cca163a33e56195628943b2.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

WhatTheZo

any of ya'll running a Double Batt setup ?
Or a NL power pack ?

How are you running wires through the firewall ?
I gots a 16 OB and looking at running some wires,but dotn know what would be the best location...
Forgot to mention I have a 15 OB

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
thanks for that info...
I did check, but do not have this rubber piece on that location.
All steel, unfortunately.......

It would be a grat place to drill a hole and place a rubber grommet in there tho'........

:beer::beer::beer:

EDIT: looks like you have a aftermarket wiring harness grommet

Last edited:

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Ive been pestering subaru owners for thier experiance with towing. Today I got some experience of my own. A home project required a yard of dirt which weighs about a 2000lbs per Google, the trailer weighs a bit over 600. I was under the false impression all uhaul trailers were equipped with hydraulic surge brakes. Next time I'll make sure to get the slightly bigger trailer that comes with brakes. I was over a 1000lbs over the rated (braked)tow capacity of 1500# and it felt mostly fine, just had to pay attention.

I think one of those 13' scamp campers would tow good behind the Forester.

The trailer only lowered the rear of the Forester about 1/2"-3/4"

trailer_zpsa8lji0ch.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

altitudewrench

We tow a pop up with our 14 Outback (2.5, 6spd manual) with no issues. No trailer brakes either. Weighs in at about 1300 lbs. We have a 16' Scamp on order that we will be towing with the Outback as well. I will be installing a brake controller though as it has electric brakes.

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
found a way to pull my wires from the engine bay into the cab...without having to drill any holes....
I found this pic on the net...

108018d1412139567-12-amp-power-point-needed-20140930_192154.jpg

Going to pull that same plug sometime this week and go from there....

My Aux battery will power up Fridge, Ham radio, extra outlets, and LED bar light...
At least that is the plan...

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
A ridiculously low number since the SAE changed the standards in 2014. The forester is 1500 and the outback is 2700.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles