Subaru owners: Let's see your expedition rigs!

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
20170319_130903.jpg

Got the Hella's 4000's mounted, not wired yet. I figured out how to make them fit without adding extra mounts(I clearanced the grill). I like that they don't stick out farther than the bar. I don't want to accidently bump into something and snap a light off. The lights point up in the sky a little even though I've got them adjusted as far down as they'll go. I need some kind of a shim. Some kind of a washer shim maybe? Does that exist?

The light bar install wasn't too bad. The hardest part is getting the factory grill off. It's solidly constructed, more so than the metal it bolts to. I leaned my 240lbs on it and lifted up on it to see how solid it was but stopped when I heard the radiator core support start flexing.

EDIT:
Got them wired up. I set the relay up to be triggered off of the high beam. Rather than tap into the wire itself I used a tap a fuse thing to source the switched power from the fuse box.

Last edited:

ImpliedConsent

The XT CVT is really good, particularly with the paddle shifters and sport mode. Compared to the CVT on the standard Forester, Crosstrek, or Outback the XT is tons better.
New here...referred LATE last night camping. I'm surprised I was able to navigate directly to this thread. I'll post my Crosstrek shortly. I'm glad to see this, because you are right, the Crosstrek CVT is not great. Because of the new WRX CVT and XT CVT, my Crosstrek will get one of them. The paddle shifters (I saw someone say they don't use them) certainly help declines, assisting your brakes. I couldn't imagine ever decline any vehicle on brakes alone, provided I can get the engine compression to help.

subarubobby

Budda, not sure if you are on facebook, but check out mnsubiez offroad trail riders. We hold monthly events around the cities/wi/wherever!

FlagRS

Gone to the dogs.
2016 Outback 3.6R with a Jackwagon Base Camp. My original tow vehicle was an '06 Tacoma, but our every day vehicle needs changed and now it's an Outback. The Outback tows the trailer great, no trailer brakes needed. I'm guessing the loaded trailer is about 1500 lbs. I will be toning down the trailer's tires here in the near future. The Outback is a pretty cool rig and after almost a year of ownership I'm pretty happy with it.

Here is the pair coming back from the Colorado river last weekend, stopped on old HWY 66 in Seligman AZ.

IMG_3462-L.jpg

p nut

butter
2016 Outback 3.6R with a Jackwagon Base Camp. My original tow vehicle was an '06 Tacoma, but our every day vehicle needs changed and now it's an Outback. The Outback tows the trailer great, no trailer brakes needed. I'm guessing the loaded trailer is about 1500 lbs. I will be toning down the trailer's tires here in the near future. The Outback is a pretty cool rig and after almost a year of ownership I'm pretty happy with it.

Here is the pair coming back from the Colorado river last weekend, stopped on old HWY 66 in Seligman AZ.

Nice set up! What kind of HWY mileage are you getting towing the trailer?

p nut

butter
That's actually not bad at all going 75, towing a brick. Guessing you'll be in low 20's if you drop down to 65mph. Nice set up.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
I think I'm done modding. Got my hella lights, skidplates, mudflaps, floor mats, and hitch.
I swapped the factory rims and tires back on for the summer and was surprised to see my daily commute mileage jump from 27ish to 30ish! When we switch to summer gas there may be another increase as well.

gophere

Adventurer
c3607f81bd9df4b1996313309712727b.jpg

cc67e6af556a8fbe2af76c5340adbc8a.jpg

06236e5624e7ce4e7a5a624e12910437.jpg

'13 Crosstrek that replaced my '14 xterra for soft road excursions.
Put on some 27inch grabbers for the summer. A couple of vision x laser beams for light and a new muffler so it sounds like a Subaru.
Still am in need of a truck to do truck stuff but this thing is lots of fun! Handled the winter on Nokians great
c8a25aef465104f1d95d29c4d4d4ab5b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles