Subaru owners: Let's see your expedition rigs!

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
My wife's daily driver...2004 Outback VDC (3.0 6-cyl, VTD AWD, redundant moonroofs, etc.)

Leading a group of friends at the Iron Range Offroad area in northern MN

I might have to check that place out. Didn't know it existed.

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
Some pics of my 2015 Outback 2.5l Premium. First modification was a 19mm rear swaybar for better road handling. Then I got the Yakima LoadWarrior basket (probably never use it but it was too cheap to pass up). Then I got carried away. 225/65/17 Yokohama Geolander G015 tires on Sparco Terra wheels, LP Aventure brush guard with armor plates and the LP Aventure Skid plate. Not pictured is my "brush guard enhancement", an aluminum frame covered with 1/2" hardware cloth that I use once a month for my trip "up the mountain".

the decrease in already horrible approach angle with that bar is painful.
It does look cool though

2015 Offroadsubaru.com Outback by Grant Wilson, on Flickr

TwistedGray

Observer
2013 Crosstrek

Currently:
2" ADF kit
Tepui RTT

In the future:
Skid plates throughout
Hidden hitch with rear cargo rack (run out of cargo space with the Tepui on top)

SubaruXVCamping.jpg

SanFelipe.jpg

Rallye

Worst part about the Crosstrek - not a lot of room for provisions :(

While we do quickly run out of space, I've realized that we often bring more than really needed. I love being prepared to live in my car for extended periods of time. But the vast majority of my crosstreks "overlanding" use is camping in the middle of nowhere in the desert for a day or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwistedGray

Observer
Worst part about the Crosstrek - not a lot of room for provisions :(

Yup. The fortunate part is the tent holds the comforter, some sheets, two pillows, and two small throws.

While we do quickly run out of space, I've realized that we often bring more than really needed. I love being prepared to live in my car for extended periods of time. But the vast majority of my crosstreks "overlanding" use is camping in the middle of nowhere in the desert for a day or two.

Yeah, this is quite true. I need to find some padding that I can keep up in the tent...once I solve that riddle then it's on!

Hondaslayer

Adventurer
New / old pic of the Forester.

As of last weekend, this vehicle is retired.

A good many adventures were had, but we outgrew it. Picked up a Chrysler Town & Country with many, many buttons and a TV for the little one. Going to outfit it with a folding / removable sleeping platform. The Forester will be getting an engine swap, freshening up, then sold.

New here.
I am really loving this cars.
First off road trip with 1100 miles on the odometer. It was much easier to drive than my mazdaspeed 3 was on dirt

bjKvBCal.jpg
vgXM3c2l.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles