Subaru owners: Let's see your expedition rigs!

Impreza options... Lift?

I am on the subtle solution spacer kit. here are some pictures. Also message me I have some King springs that I am not putting on if you would like to buy them.

stock
4179540297_fa0484e215_z.jpg

with stock tires with lift
5147063936_67d3c1b549_z.jpg

5147063700_e82e996f2b_z.jpg

with 215/60/16 tires with lift
8884365115_b4aab57fc3_z.jpg

8884990254_d03f739e22_z.jpg

8884373825_0f14097a4f_z.jpg

Are you pretty happy with the lift and tire combo? How high is the lift itself? Looking at either blocks and tires on my 06 Impreza wagon, or going whole hog and Forester suspension, but kind of like the ride as is. The wife might find a bigger lift and softer springs "odd" while driving. We mostly explore backroads with Outbacks and Forester, and use it to camp, canoe, mountain bike, etc. That said, I wish the suspension could handle increased weight better, and wonder if the Forester setup is better, considering it's probably cheaper than King or similar springs, and I can do all the work myself with my current tools. Either way, some lift, some rubber, and some armour are in order.

Thirty-Nine

Explorer
I LOVE the looks of that WRX. I was planning to get those wheels for my '13, but not sure they'll look right with the flared fenders on the newer vehicles. On this one, however, it looks perfect.

Bansheeboy11

You get a bolt update kit for it? When theyre gone over and reassembled like a normal person would, theyre a really good bang for the buck!

nepbug

You get a bolt update kit for it? When theyre gone over and reassembled like a normal person would, theyre a really good bang for the buck!

It is a used one and the guy said he did the Belleville washer and bolt upgrade already.

I do plan on pulling it apart to verify that everything is still holding up fine as it has had about 15 months of use on it. If I find anything funny I'll replace the washers and bolts with the upgraded bits.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

WMDunkin

Adventurer
Are you pretty happy with the lift and tire combo? How high is the lift itself? Looking at either blocks and tires on my 06 Impreza wagon, or going whole hog and Forester suspension, but kind of like the ride as is. The wife might find a bigger lift and softer springs "odd" while driving. We mostly explore backroads with Outbacks and Forester, and use it to camp, canoe, mountain bike, etc. That said, I wish the suspension could handle increased weight better, and wonder if the Forester setup is better, considering it's probably cheaper than King or similar springs, and I can do all the work myself with my current tools. Either way, some lift, some rubber, and some armour are in order.

Yeah I love the set up. Still drives like factory set up and has the clearance to handle what I use it for, mild trails and beach driving. The lift is the one from subtle solutions, I believe 1". Yeah I have skids on mine as well from Primitive Racing. They are beasts and have saved me more then once and still look great. The only concern with the forester swap is the trailing arms in the rear. The extra height/angles moves the rear wheels forward and can hit the wheel arch. I still have King springs for sale if they will fit your 06. just message me. But I highly recommend this set up if you daily your car and need the clearance.

I LOVE the looks of that WRX. I was planning to get those wheels for my '13, but not sure they'll look right with the flared fenders on the newer vehicles. On this one, however, it looks perfect.

Thanks I have a roof rack and basket it now.

10723686_1548818152022490_238421725_n.jpg

Applejack

Explorer
My wife and I recently got our daughter an '05 Forester X with the AT for her first car. A couple of weeks ago we did weekend camping trip in the Siskiyou's and I was really impressed with the capabilities of this little car. My daughter was following my wife and I around, we in our 4Runner and she in her Fozz. The trails were pretty mild overall but there were a couple of section that I expected her to have some trouble with and she didn't. Even with cheap highway tires, the plucky little Subaru just followed right along.

image.jpg

image.jpg

My first car was an '81 GL10 hatchback, that car was responsible for watering the seed of my passion for backcountry travel and exploration. I think this little Fozz is going to do the same for my daughter. She is loving it and always wanting to hit the backroads every weekend with it.

Stupid question back bumper that yellow thing going into bumper what is that? I have seen the hole there on a bunch of subs but never figuired out what the heck it is. Thanks
Yeah I love the set up. Still drives like factory set up and has the clearance to handle what I use it for, mild trails and beach driving. The lift is the one from subtle solutions, I believe 1". Yeah I have skids on mine as well from Primitive Racing. They are beasts and have saved me more then once and still look great. The only concern with the forester swap is the trailing arms in the rear. The extra height/angles moves the rear wheels forward and can hit the wheel arch. I still have King springs for sale if they will fit your 06. just message me. But I highly recommend this set up if you daily your car and need the clearance.

Thanks. Looks like a solid route to go. Unless I score a cheap set of Foz and Outback bits and pieces. Seems to work with the cars intentions better. Maybe just buy the Forester next time.

WMDunkin

Adventurer
Thanks. Looks like a solid route to go. Unless I score a cheap set of Foz and Outback bits and pieces. Seems to work with the cars intentions better. Maybe just buy the Forester next time.

Well I bought the wrx not planning on this route. But I found out how good the awd system was, and life happened (kid), so out and out rally car wasn't going to happen. But as I found a little bit more ground clearance and I can do/drive just about anything that used to be called a road at one point.

Well I bought the wrx not planning on this route. But I found out how good the awd system was, and life happened (kid), so out and out rally car wasn't going to happen. But as I found a little bit more ground clearance and I can do/drive just about anything that used to be called a road at one point.

Same thing here. Got the Impreza wagon to fit our lifestyle and budget, and it's blown my mind what the car can do stock. Great little rigs. I roll with guys in Foresters and Outbacks, so a few extra inches would even it out a bit. I sometimes have to pick "interesting" lines. We like old abandoned road adventures and whatnot. Keeps it challenging, and for the other 90% of the time, it's still a normal driving car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles