Subaru owners: Let's see your expedition rigs!

ryanoddi

I don't currently have a full size spare. I'm not sure if I could stuff one in my spare tire well, even aired down.. so I plan on adding a cargo basket and putting one up top. First, though, I want to pull a wheel off and see if I can fit it in my spare spot, as that would save a good amount of money, plus help keep weight lower to the ground.

libarata

Expedition Leader
You know, once I have the money, I will find a local fab shop to cook a swing away carrier up for me. I want to tear everything out of the trunk(the foam and stuff) for extra storage!

E.J.

Explorer
Subaru_Impreza_Gravel_Express_no1.jpg

Image-Subaru_Impreza_Gravel_Express_no2.jpg

http://www.ridhaa.com/auto/japan/SUBARU/Impreza+Gravel/1307/car-auctions-details.html

Those were pretty awesome, Subaru missed the boat not selling them in the US market IMO.

Zedra

14722866143_892489d00b_b.jpg

Have not seen one of these yet. It gets us where we are going. But with a family of 4, it looks like I will need a trailer to haul all the stuff.

Last edited:

Thirty-Nine

Explorer
Nice pic! Do you have a trip report up yet? Interested in the route you ended up taking.

No, not yet. I wrote part of it last night, but haven't finished it.

I will say I learned a couple of things about driving in Canada: 1) There's no Interstate system like in the U.S. 2) The speed limits are fairly slow (mostly 100 km/h or 62 mph) 3) Check for wildfires before taking a roadtrip there.

Just briefly:

Portland to Coram, MT
Coram, MT to Invermere, BC (via HWY 95/93)
Invermere to Lake Louise
Lake Louise to Kamloops
Kamloops to Kelowna
Kelowna to Sunshine Valley (via Oliver)
Sunshine Valley to Portland via Chillawack

Tried to get to Jasper, but the Icefields Parkway was closed due to forest fire.

cosmiccharlie

Explorer
No, not yet. I wrote part of it last night, but haven't finished it.

I will say I learned a couple of things about driving in Canada: 1) There's no Interstate system like in the U.S. 2) The speed limits are fairly slow (mostly 100 km/h or 62 mph) 3) Check for wildfires before taking a roadtrip there.

Just briefly:

Portland to Coram, MT
Coram, MT to Invermere, BC (via HWY 95/93)
Invermere to Lake Louise
Lake Louise to Kamloops
Kamloops to Kelowna
Kelowna to Sunshine Valley (via Oliver)
Sunshine Valley to Portland via Chillawack

Tried to get to Jasper, but the Icefields Parkway was closed due to forest fire.

Awesome trip in an STi!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior