Subaru owners: Let's see your expedition rigs!

MiamiC70

90eW537.jpg

Bone stock 2018 base model except for the 17” bronze Sparco Assetto Gara wheels and a cheapo Rola rack. We camp out of this rig and it works well. Put our snow tires on the stock wheels. 1 year and 18k miles and still love it. Averaging 25 mpg, which is par for the course with all our mountains. The T4R it replaced only got 13.

My only complaint is the carpet sucks. I wish Subaru would offer rubber floors. The wheel well covers in the rear cargo area especially suck. I have a white German Shepherd and her hair really sticks to it. It’s also not very durable. Using a rubber glove to clean the hair off also seems to take tufts of carpet too.
Umm, mine has rubber floor mats and cargo bay.

MiamiC70

Just got back from a trip to Big Bend.
View attachment 551987
Telephone Canyon:
View attachment 551988
Just past McKinney Springs Campground:
View attachment 551989
Finishing Old Ore Road:
View attachment 551990
At Black Dyke Camp:
View attachment 551991
Pine Canyon 3:
View attachment 551992
Great looking OB!
Which Yakima basket is that? Looks like you are using OEM crossbars too. Are you using position 1&2 or 1&3 with OEM crossbars?
Could you do me a huge favor and show how you mounted the rack to the Yakima basket?
I have 2019 OB and having challenges figuring out how to mount ARB awning to Yakima OffGrid basket.

ktiemann

Great looking OB!
Which Yakima basket is that? Looks like you are using OEM crossbars too. Are you using position 1&2 or 1&3 with OEM crossbars?
Could you do me a huge favor and show how you mounted the rack to the Yakima basket?
I have 2019 OB and having challenges figuring out how to mount ARB awning to Yakima OffGrid basket.

Basket is the extended Loadwarrior. Crossbars are in the regular 1&2 position. The awning is attached with the LP Aventure plate steel brackets and M6 bolts and nuts.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
My main complaint is that it's slightly curved, so sometimes accessories don't stand up straight.

I take off the basket when I don't have any camping trips planned, so being able to tuck them away when not in use is pretty great.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
f7b8768b258af5285eccd1f79eb49120.jpg
This so makes me want to Sell my LR3 and Get an Outback! Love this!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles