Subaru owners: Let's see your expedition rigs!

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not, the manual transmissions have the same rating.

Rallye

My Subaru Crosstrek as it sits today.
d91ee8357c6404fe09db25f55e381c8f.jpg

Changes since last post:
2" Lift (1" Mann Springs, 1" Paranoid Fab Spacers)
225/65R17 Yoko Geolandar G015
Bumpers Cut
CB is mounted and functional
Emergency Flashers are installed, two in the grille, two on the back of the rack.

Oh, and that's a Mishimoto CVT Cooler poking its head out under there.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

OuterLimits

I control the horizontal and the vertical
Stopping is the tricky bit

The man speaks the truth. :iagree:

The physics of towing and stopping scales up and down.

I was helping someone get repairs done to a large 5th wheel trailer. I was driving the tow rig, a large 4x4, club cab, Ford F-something-50. I was driving 45 mph and the traffic light in front of me turns yellow.

I made the decision to stop and applied the brakes. The 5th wheel trailer vetoed my braking action and simply pushed me right through the intersection on a now red light.

After changing my shorts, I realized the trailer brakes had failed and physics ruled the moment.

When towing with my Escape, I like to keep the loads below 80% capacity. At that, or above, I would insist on trailer brakes.

Good luck

Last edited:
Its so light I barely notice it when I stop. No issues at all stopping and I forget that I am towing most of the time, the Timbren suspension is amazing.

sharkoverland

Observer
My Subaru Crosstrek as it sits today.
d91ee8357c6404fe09db25f55e381c8f.jpg

Changes since last post:
2" Lift (1" Mann Springs, 1" Paranoid Fab Spacers)
225/65R17 Yoko Geolandar G015
Bumpers Cut
CB is mounted and functional
Emergency Flashers are installed, two in the grille, two on the back of the rack.

Oh, and that's a Mishimoto CVT Cooler poking its head out under there.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like how you guys with the Crosstreks trim the front bumper looks good. I am currently trying to figure :coffee: out how to trim my forester bumper with out looking stupid

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I'd leave it alone...Looks awesome the way it is! your not gaining anything by doing it. Put a small lift in and call it a day and drive it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier