Subaru owners: Let's see your expedition rigs!

Rallye

Worst part about the Crosstrek - not a lot of room for provisions :(
While we do quickly run out of space, I've realized that we often bring more than really needed. I love being prepared to live in my car for extended periods of time. But the vast majority of my crosstreks "overlanding" use is camping in the middle of nowhere in the desert for a day or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwistedGray

Observer
Worst part about the Crosstrek - not a lot of room for provisions :(
Yup. The fortunate part is the tent holds the comforter, some sheets, two pillows, and two small throws.

While we do quickly run out of space, I've realized that we often bring more than really needed. I love being prepared to live in my car for extended periods of time. But the vast majority of my crosstreks "overlanding" use is camping in the middle of nowhere in the desert for a day or two.
Yeah, this is quite true. I need to find some padding that I can keep up in the tent...once I solve that riddle then it's on!

Hondaslayer

Adventurer
New / old pic of the Forester.
As of last weekend, this vehicle is retired.

A good many adventures were had, but we outgrew it. Picked up a Chrysler Town & Country with many, many buttons and a TV for the little one. Going to outfit it with a folding / removable sleeping platform. The Forester will be getting an engine swap, freshening up, then sold.

Recommended books for Overlanding

Long Way Down: An Epic Journey by Motorcycle from Scotlan...
by Ewan McGregor, Charley Boorman
From $5.69
Crossing the Congo: Over Land and Water in a Hard Place
by Mike Martin, Chloe Baker, Charlie Hatch-Barnwell
From $29.95
Motorcycle Messengers 2: Tales from the Road by Writers w...
by Jeremy Kroeker, Ted Simon, Lois Pryce, Billy Ward,...
From $9.99
New here.
I am really loving this cars.
First off road trip with 1100 miles on the odometer. It was much easier to drive than my mazdaspeed 3 was on dirt

bjKvBCal.jpg
vgXM3c2l.jpg

Last edited:
Just when I thought this forum aligned with most of my interests...I find this thread. I love it! This is my 2002 WRX 4EAT. I cant operate a clutch pedal anymore because I lost most of my left leg in 2012. Currently it has a stage 2 off the shelf tune, full exhaust, some brake and suspension work etc etc. I just got a trailer receiver and auzillary transmission cooler for it and I can tell this forum is going to make me reconsider installing a Forester suspension and all terrain tires...

Damn...unfortunately this forum isnt allowing me to post pics of my WRX.

Recommended books for Overlanding

Long Way Round: Chasing Shadows Across the World
by Ewan McGregor, Charley Boorman
From $14.59
Into Africa
by Sam Manicom
From $24.65