Subaru Forester running power thru firewall for constant hot in rear

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
My wife has a 2019 Forester . Is there a easy way to run some wires through the firewall? I'd like to get power to the rear of the car for the fridge.

Thanks

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
I slid a set of 4 awg wire by undoing the main grommet on my outback.
No need for new holes.....
Used silicone tape, and some gray rtv gasket maker to seal it off.. that was 3.5 years ago with no issues at all since then...20170508_182738~2.jpg

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Was much easier than imagined. The is a rubber plug on the firewall to the left of the master cylinder. Just pass the wire through the opening in the insulation.

This wire will be a constant hot run to the back of the cargo area. I'll run an small inverter to charge my aux battery pack while I drive.

Attachments

• wire3.jpg
    wire3.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 13
  • wire2.jpg
    wire2.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 14
  • wire1.jpg
    wire1.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 14
  • wire4.jpg
    wire4.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 12

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Running power to the rear of the Forester was so easy and quick I forgot to take pictures as I did it.

Once the wire was through the firewall I ran the wire through the D/S kick panel and under the door sills. The plastic door sills were easy to pry up with a plastic trip tool . Plenty of room to run the 10ga wire.

Once I got to running the wire to the cargo area I pried up the plastic side panel by the back seat and the side panel in the cargo area. Again use a plastic trim tool and don't be afraid to pull a little hard.

Fishing the wire to the rear required a hand from my wife. I taped the wire to a rigid pickup tool and worked it until my wife could see it and pull the wire out.
The blank on the side panel was the perfect size for a flush mounted cig plug.

Attachments

• Forester plug.jpg
    Forester plug.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 17

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online