Strider Colorado ZR2 Duramax Explorer Build and Trips

YetiX

My ARB is mounted in the same spot on my Colorado. I found hooking up the hose to be a pain in the ass. I made up a hose and connected it to the chuck which I mounted on the plastic surround like so:
wNhoNc.jpg

transalper

Explorer
My ARB is mounted in the same spot on my Colorado. I found hooking up the hose to be a pain in the ass. I made up a hose and connected it to the chuck which I mounted on the plastic surround like so:
wNhoNc.jpg
I will probably do something similar until I connect the tank. Once I have the tank I will port it from somewhere more convenient. At least that is the plan. :D

kootenay

Intergalacticsuperintendent
Nice setup. I am thinking of switching from my Xterra to ZR2 diesel, however my brother had one in 2018 and it was a nightmare, kept breaking down on him leaving him stranded. Glad to see that maybe his was a lemon and not a common thing.

Switching from the Xterra because of a lack of storage, too bad there are not many body on from SUV's to choose from right now.

Last edited:

transalper

Explorer
ZR2 closing in on 100,000 miles! Recently replaced a bunch of fluids (trans, diffs). Still running strong!

I also replaced the duratracs with KO2s. The weak sidewalls of the duratracs were a real issue (i had two replaced under warranty).

Unfortunately I have to replace the expensive rear shocks. The lower mount of passenger side rear shock snapped off at the shaft (where the threading starts). Luckily it didn't happen in the backcountry or during high speed manuevers.

I am replacing dssv shocks with Kings that should arrive next week.

20230209_164716.jpg20230211_101041.jpgking_25001-154_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Last edited:

skyfree

Kings are so much beefier. I wonder how you got just the rears though? A couple years ago when I was doing this I found that they would only sell complete sets of 4 including the expensive front coilovers. Maybe things have changed since then...

transalper

Explorer
Kings are so much beefier. I wonder how you got just the rears though? A couple years ago when I was doing this I found that they would only sell complete sets of 4 including the expensive front coilovers. Maybe things have changed since then...

transalper

Explorer
Rolled over 100,000 miles at the beginning of the month!

At 100,015 miles I started feeling an odd driveline vibration. Long story short, it turned out to be driver side engine mount. That thing is burried!

Prepping for my spring Utah trip I changed oil filter, fuel filters, and replaced front rotors/pads. Front shocks are also due, but I ran out of time.

And I just got back from this amazing spot:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94