STREGA's Bundutec Flatbed Bunducamp Popup Build.

STREGA

Explorer
Doug,

No. I sold the FJ a few years ago. Recently got a Tacoma TRD Pro. Keeping it pretty mild as far as a build goes. We will be headed your way in March to visit the Grand Canyon. I’ll look you up when we get there.

Please do, looking forward to seeing you again buddy.

STREGA

Explorer
My truck is a short bed model so the flatbed is about 7 feet long. I kept it short to make it easier to park and to minimize drag off road.

Wasn't really sure if he was asking you or me but he now knows why we did what we did. Like you I was trying to keep the overall lenght of the truck/camper as short as possible to facilitate ease of getting around in city traffic and the ability to get reasonably off the beaten path. I feel I have for the most part accomplish these goals.

STREGA

Explorer
Been awhile since my last post on the Bundutec. Since the last post I have not been able to use our camper as planned at all due to me having surgery in December and about 10 weeks of recovery afterwards. Our 2019 spring camping plans went out the door when my wife’s father became seriously sick and passed away. We did get to use our camper as a motel for a couple of weeks while in California dealing with the father in law which came in handy since the closet motel room was about a 45 minute drive from her parents house. We also did get to spend one night at Death Valley on our way back home which was a nice distraction from all the chaos and stress we had been through, never saw anyone the afternoon, evening or the next morning we were there.

During that trip I realized that getting in and out of the camper was a bit difficult for me since having back surgery, I just don’t bend in the middle that well anymore. The short door of the pop-up just isn’t user friendly for me. Now I’m having some more back problems and may have to have more surgery getting old sucks.

Anyway all that said we are having to make the hard decision to sell the truck/camper and go in another direction which at this time Iam not sure what that is yet. I will be putting a ad here on the Portal soon and give a fellow overlander a shot at it before putting a ad on CL. So if Interested in this rig just PM me and we can chat.

Doug

Steve Hawkins

Doug,

I live in the Grand Canyon too, and would like to stop by when you post for sale. I see you parked up by McKee from time to time. Steve Hawkins.

STREGA

Explorer
Steve,

Be happy to show you the rig anytime. We are in Prescott today getting the truck serviced but will be home this weekend. Actually have a couple from flagstaff coming up Sunday to look at the Bundutec, they are ordering a new one and just want to see one in person.

Doug

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles