StoryTeller Overland buys GXV

Steve_382

Well, I sent an inquiry to StoryTeller Overland through their website contact page asking about when they expected to start producing the Adventure Trucks at their new plant. No surprise, after several days, no response. I guess they are still so busy they don't need new customers.

Steve_382

Just wondered if anyone has talked to either GXV or Storyteller about the Adventure Truck recently. I haven't seen anything on Instagram or Facebook since the initial PR about the deal.

m-l_johnny

Well, I sent an inquiry to StoryTeller Overland through their website contact page asking about when they expected to start producing the Adventure Trucks at their new plant. No surprise, after several days, no response. I guess they are still so busy they don't need new customers.
I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve filled out a contact form on a website and never get a response. A number of those I’ve later called and they say they never saw the original correspondence. It might not be them, but a glitch in the website.
I don’t trust those forms anymore. If I want to make contact, I call.

Steve_382

I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve filled out a contact form on a website and never get a response. A number of those I’ve later called and they say they never saw the original correspondence. It might not be them, but a glitch in the website.
I called early on Thursday, it went to voice mail, left my name and number, etc. Crickets. Guess business is just that good right now.

SootyCamper

Apparently GXV is completely unresponsive for after sale warranty/service. This has been posted by a couple of the k370 camper owners.

So I'm not surprised by the lack of sales response aswell.

Steve_382

Apparently GXV is completely unresponsive for after sale warranty/service. This has been posted by a couple of the k370 camper owners.

So I'm not surprised by the lack of sales response aswell.
I don't have any trouble getting a response from GXV. StoryTeller is the one that won't reply.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Absolutely unacceptable. If someone sends me an online request like that they get a call within 24 hours. Unless it's the weekend of course.

If you cant respond, don't offer it. Or, better yet, hire a part time person to respond.

BillFitz

It's also odd that nobody at Storyteller or GXV has responded to these complains on this forum. I mean....boys, this is the leading forum for expedition vehicle buyers. Other builders reply in person to forum posts, why not you guys??

Oh wait, Storyteller (and I assume the new GXV) only sells through RV dealers! There's your explanation. They're pushing off sales and service to the RV dealers who are typically paragons of truth and honesty.

Move on, nothing to see here.

gregmchugh

Observer
It's also odd that nobody at Storyteller or GXV has responded to these complains on this forum. I mean....boys, this is the leading forum for expedition vehicle buyers. Other builders reply in person to forum posts, why not you guys??

Oh wait, Storyteller (and I assume the new GXV) only sells through RV dealers! There's your explanation. They're pushing off sales and service to the RV dealers who are typically paragons of truth and honesty.

Move on, nothing to see here.

GXV selling through RV Dealers? Not very likely. Each one is custom designed and built to the buyers specification. Money up front to pay for the chassis and scheduled payments during the build.

rruff

Explorer
Absolutely unacceptable. If someone sends me an online request like that they get a call within 24 hours. Unless it's the weekend of course.

I can't work and talk on the phone at the same time, so I never even gave out my number. Emails were answered same day. It's a hell of the lot easier and more effective (nice to have a record of what is discussed for both parties), than jawing on the phone with one person for an hour about all sorts of BS. Phoning only "makes sense" if the person who picks up is a salesman who knows nothing...

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Good!

GXV put out some fairly shady stuff and their customer service was horrendous!!

My friend had a Turtle, and the box inside was all nice and fancy, but climbing under the truck, it looked like a 10 year old did all the welding and fabrication.

I also heard several rumors they were in legal trouble because all of the one piece boxes on their "Adventure Trucks" were cracking, substantially, and that they had stopped production on them because of it. Notice all the adventure truck owners have disappeared and arent posting anything here anymore??? Just saying! :)

Last edited:

rruff

Explorer
I also heard several rumors they were in legal trouble because all of the one piece boxes on their "Adventure Trucks" were cracking, substantially, and that they had stopped production on them because of it.

Details on that would be very interesting. Any idea how they were mounted?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles