Storing gas and propane in the same space?

Hey y’all, my Khaya has a vented outside cabinet. I keep my propane in it, even though the vent is in the upper half of the door, I know propane is heavier that air...

Anyway, considering storing a small gasoline can in there with it, anyone think that’s a bad idea? Obviously shouldn’t store my fire extinguisher in there with it!

Also, any recommendations on a small fuel can? About two gallons, don’t like the Rotopax ones because of the “vent daily” warning. They won’t be exposed to the sun directly but I am in Phoenix and travel mostly in the Southwest.

Thanks

rgallant

Adventurer
Almost any can in the heat may need be vented, even a steel one. Usually I find once a trip with the no vent cans I use, I just vent when I stop at the end 1st day, then close it up.

No particular reason why it is a bad idea, while gas fumes are bad in a fully enclosed space, you have a vent so you have some airflow which would limit the fairly small risk significantly.

rayra

Expedition Leader
10L nato metal and no venting / liability BS. No real issues about storing. And it's easy to add a lower vent if you want those imaginary propane vapors to fall out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94