Storage Options

What does everyone use for storing handhelds and the bits & pieces that come with handhelds?

Pelican case or similar?

I have a plastic container that has all the parts (earpieces, chargers, etc) for my FRS/GMRS radios, but that's not ideal; just handy to store with all the other camping gear.

I'm looking for something moderately waterproof, durable, holds two handhelds (UV-5R) and spare batteries, chargers, antenna, and paperwork (freq lists). I suppose, answering my own question, it would be one of those Pelican/similar cases with the pick & pull foam.

Is there anything better suited?

mattjm23

Monoprice (Pure Outdoor) is a good middle ground between the Harbor Freight and Pelican cases. After owning both the Monoprice and Harbor Freight cases, the Monoprice is a little better quality-wise and is more stable when stacked. The HF case works great for the price, though.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
I have a low-end gun case for my Yaesu VX7 and all the bits and pieces. It's nice to have it all in one place, but I usually just take out the bits I need for specific uses or trips. It's nice, but for all my other radio's I use a drawer and ziploc bags for the loose bits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94