Storage Box

PSea

Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. I want to mount a storage box on the rear of my popup camper. It needs to accommodate rear tail lights. dimensions are roughly 72" x 24" x24".

Any suggestions? I suppose if it doesn't have cutouts for lights, I could have them cut out after purchase.

shade

Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. I want to mount a storage box on the rear of my popup camper. It needs to accommodate rear tail lights. dimensions are roughly 72" x 24" x24".

Any suggestions? I suppose if it doesn't have cutouts for lights, I could have them cut out after purchase.
Do you have a few photos of the rear of the camper?

I added some storage to that area by mounting a piece of wire shelving across the frame. It worked well for small things, but they weren't kept clean.

PSea

Do you have a few photos of the rear of the camper?

I added some storage to that area by mounting a piece of wire shelving across the frame. It worked well for small things, but they weren't kept clean.
Planning to remove everything on rear. Spare tire will be moved to the tongue. Trailer has too much tongue weight even with the empty storqge box on front which will be removed. Doesn't work on the rear in case anyone was thinking that.

Attachments

• IMG_20190703_102914.jpg
    IMG_20190703_102914.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 38

shade

Planning to remove everything on rear. Spare tire will be moved to the tongue. Trailer has too much tongue weight even with the empty storqge box on front which will be removed. Doesn't work on the rear in case anyone was thinking that.
If you have a battery box and/or propane tanks on the tongue, you could relocate them to the rear to lower tongue weight.

PSea

Yup. Well aware of that. All storage being moved to rear. Just need a storage box. Git the rest figured out.

shade

Yup. Well aware of that. All storage being moved to rear. Just need a storage box. Git the rest figured out.
I've had good luck with Contico TuffBins being secure, weather sealed, and they're reasonably priced. You'd have to check out the dimensions to make sure there was enough clearance at the rear to open it.

PSea

I want the door on top. Wondering if it could be mounted that way to accommodate.

Also now considering

1. A shorter box which would be offset to one side and then mount propane tanks to the other side and/or..

2. Create a space between the trailer and new box where 4 jerry can mounts would reside. 2 gas & two for water.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior