Stolenheron's 2013 Frontier CC PRO4X

stolenheron

Explorer
Well the 2004 Land Rover is finally gone.... . Mileage, Age, and Wear/Tear had finally just made it an epic financial black hole.
547172_3556167978708_684933197_n.jpg

After failing to sell privately...I traded in on a 2013 Frontier Pro4x Crew Cab.
every factory option available including: leather (seats, steering wheel, knob, door inserts w/ pro4x logos), rockford fosgate sound, Nav, XM radio, Rear Locker, 4wd, bilstein suspension, transfer case and oil pan skid plates, sun roof, back up sensors, back up cam, blue tooth, spray on bed liner, blah blah blah. I will be paying it off for a while, but payments + gas for 1 year is cheaper than what repairs alone cost me last year on the rover.

Don't ask what I got for the rover, it was a very very very low number, however the dealer worked the numbers enough to make it a workable deal. I attempted private sale, but it wasn't working out. Rover needed TLC and i was better to take a small loss now than to have to dump more in it. but god I will miss that thing.
528451_4645020919351_2126188543_n.jpg

482721_4644999958827_398368010_n.jpg

544449_4645001438864_490350830_n.jpg

544548_4645019759322_731013370_n.jpg

28147_4645023559417_1133301292_n.jpg

374440_4645024639444_912235345_n.jpg

601991_4645272085630_637628721_n.jpg

554983_4645271365612_263363998_n.jpg

559054_4645271765622_1341019046_n.jpg

Any nissan folks in Auburn, AL or Alabama, please shoot me a roll call in this thread just so I know who to hang out with besides my Rover buddies.
I have already joined Clubfrontier.org, but if there is a better forum for nissan classifieds and nissan only threads let me know.

Current Mods/Add-ons:
-factory trailer hitch and wiring harness
-diff breather extension
-weathertech mats
-Softtopper

Future Plans (really shouldnt be thinking about this already)
-sliders- just for the safety of the body (one of the best things I ever did to the rover).
-2" lift
-33"s

Last edited:

mike r

Adventurer
Welcome to the Nissan family.
I am also a member of Clubfrontier and think its the best Nissan Frontier site out there, also try ThenewX.org because its very active and the xterra is very close to the frontier with lots of interchangeable parts.

Last edited:

jgdisco2

Adventurer
Hate to see the rover go but you gotta do what you gotta do.

On a side note: I am liking the look of this truck wayyy more than I think I should....:drool:
Congrats man!

stolenheron

Explorer
dude it sucked to leave my rover behind. that thing had me safely through hell and high water (in every sense of the phrase). I can't replace the memories and experiences that the disco gave me. That disco was so damn problematic the past 8 months though, constant problems and different ones every time. But I still love it to death.

this truck is going to be great though. it was a needed change and I will use it to its fullest extent (as I did with the rover) in my daily life and my fun on the side. It is going to be hard to get used to such a long wheelbase compared to the D2 for a while... same with the turning radius.

but gas mileage is already double that of my Disco, and on 87 octane too! cant complain about the rear locker either ;)

Allof75

Pathfinder
Welcome to the Nissan family, and very nice Frontier!

Good to see they have updated it a little for 2013- still looks fresh! Eager to see the mods, and actually moreso the stock offroading if you end up doing any. :)

stolenheron

Explorer
Welcome to the Nissan family, and very nice Frontier!

Good to see they have updated it a little for 2013- still looks fresh! Eager to see the mods, and actually moreso the stock offroading if you end up doing any. :)

I would not have bought a pro4x if I didn't intend to wheel it in its stock form for a while ;). Trust me, I will use it. I plan on testing it out on some small spots tonight where I used to play with my stock land rover. I expect it to do better in many ways just due to the rear locker, but the longer wheelbase will definitely make me suffer in a few of my old stomping grounds.

modifications will come with time, but right now my big "modification" will be "installing" a set of all-weather floormats lol. Then a trailer hitch and a set of sliders. any recommendations besides Shrockworks?

stioc

Expedition Leader
Congrats! you did great. It's one of the most underrated trucks in today's market. It doesn't need much (besides tires) to be a capable off-roader.

Funrover

Expedition Leader
Man, what a change! Bummed the D2 is gone. However those Nissan's are great rigs! I look forward to what you do with this one!

b00ster

Observer
I would not have bought a pro4x if I didn't intend to wheel it in its stock form for a while ;). Trust me, I will use it. I plan on testing it out on some small spots tonight where I used to play with my stock land rover. I expect it to do better in many ways just due to the rear locker, but the longer wheelbase will definitely make me suffer in a few of my old stomping grounds.

modifications will come with time, but right now my big "modification" will be "installing" a set of all-weather floormats lol. Then a trailer hitch and a set of sliders. any recommendations besides Shrockworks?

I have a 2011 Xterra Pro-4X. You're going to love the Fronty. Stock build is super-capable. If you're going to do serious wheeling (stumps, rock crawling, etc.) you might consider upgrading the factory skid plates. They're pretty thin.

For sliders, also check out Hefty Fab Works.

Someone else mentioned it, but check out thenewx.org . It's obviously an Xterra-oriented site but there are a lot of cool people over there and, as was also noted, the X and the Fronty are cut from the same cloth.

With regard to the tires/lift...I *think* you can get 33" tires (285/75/16...don't feel like doing the math) with only what is called the "melt mod." Look that up on thenewx.org. Basically, just adjusting the plastic fender lining. That site also has tons of information on tires and lift options. And a really active "for sale" section.

Finally, while not cheap, there are several options for replacement rear bumpers which will give you both recovery points and a trailer hitch (that is integrated into the bumper so you don't lose ground clearance).

stolenheron

Explorer
I have a 2011 Xterra Pro-4X. You're going to love the Fronty. Stock build is super-capable. If you're going to do serious wheeling (stumps, rock crawling, etc.) you might consider upgrading the factory skid plates. They're pretty thin.

For sliders, also check out Hefty Fab Works.

Someone else mentioned it, but check out thenewx.org . It's obviously an Xterra-oriented site but there are a lot of cool people over there and, as was also noted, the X and the Fronty are cut from the same cloth.

With regard to the tires/lift...I *think* you can get 33" tires (285/75/16...don't feel like doing the math) with only what is called the "melt mod." Look that up on thenewx.org. Basically, just adjusting the plastic fender lining. That site also has tons of information on tires and lift options. And a really active "for sale" section.

Finally, while not cheap, there are several options for replacement rear bumpers which will give you both recovery points and a trailer hitch (that is integrated into the bumper so you don't lose ground clearance).

thanks a bunch man.

I know those skids are basically made of aluminum foil, they should last me a little while, but once they are gnarled up I will swap out for some steel ones.

thanks for the site, I may sign up later tonight. I definitely need an active classifieds section to track down used parts.

I won't be changing my rear bumper anytime soon, not until the factory one gets damaged/etc at least (what i did with the rover). the local dealership parts department is giving me a pretty good deal on a factory hitch setup (no wiring, just the hitch which is all i need for my warn reciever shackle I had from my rover). I will probably buy it from them in the next couple weeks. It will definitely scrape offroad, just like factory rover receivers.

33" without a suspension lift/body lift or spacers would be awesome.

kevin

Observer
I got my hitch through U-haul for $125. The dealer wanted about three times as much. It looks identical to the factory one. I installed it myself. The truck has nuts welded to the inside of the frame, so all you do is bolt it on with six bolts.

duckhunter71

Adventurer
In regards to a hitch, I got a Valley Class IV hitch through Amazon for $99 with free shipping. Very solid unit and very easy to install. The wiring harness was about $60 if I remember correctly and took about 20 minutes to install. Easy peasy!

Love the truck man, I had a 2010 Xterra OR in Night Armor and really liked the color. I wanted a 2009+ Pro-4X when I was shopping last fall but ended up finding an 07 Nismo with only 20k miles. I absolutely love my truck and I know you will too!

stolenheron

Explorer
I got my hitch through U-haul for $125. The dealer wanted about three times as much. It looks identical to the factory one. I installed it myself. The truck has nuts welded to the inside of the frame, so all you do is bolt it on with six bolts.

can you show me a pic of the U-haul one? the dealer parts dept is only asking $220 for a factory hitch that they had in stock. I know it is a simple bolt-on with any of them.

jackd56

sweet truck..... i just put weathertech floor liners n my 2012 ...fit, looks, im shocked they r so good......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles