STOLEN: BJ71 w/ Maggiolina Roof top tent

defrag4

Road Warrior
Hey guys, cross-posting this for a member of ih8mud

last seen in San Francisco, this truck is pretty rare and should be easy to spot. lets help him catch the bastard

Our vehicle was stolen in San Francisco on the 13th Sept.
Any Suggestion on how to pursue the matter further would be appreciated.

livelifeoffroad@gmail.com

If anyone knows of a b71, parts for a bj71 or a maggiolina roof top tent for sale please let us know.

IMG_20100802_181416.jpg

IMG_20100802_181425.jpg

This 1988 RHD (right hand drive) JDM (Japanese domestic market) import BJ71 is in great condition, after being treating with great care by us and the previous owner. This is a HEAVY DUTY 70 series LandCruiser , which has a lot more power than the non turbo Canadian BJ70's . It is currently insured and registered in Alberta. If you are after a head turner, that is built to last, this will not disappoint.
Also included in the sale:
-Spares (belts, hoses, bulbs etc.)
-Metric Tool Set
-Custom Storage
-Bike Rack - Yakima (Spare Time)
-Roof Top Tent - Auto Home (Maggiolina Grand Tour) http://www.autohomeus.com/rooftop/maggiolinaGrandTour.php

Specs:

-Toyota Landcruiser 1988 - BJ71
-179 000KM's (built to last 500 000km plus)
-13BT Turbo diesel 3.4L engine
-Factory PTO Winch
-Custom made Bull Bar / Grille Guard
- Tires 33x12.5x15 General Grabber A/T 2's
-Circulating Block Heater
-Factory winter front (keeps motor at optimum running temps in any condition)
-24v to 12v converter for running accessories
-New tie rod ends and steering dampener
-Previous owner rebuilt steering knuckles (complete rebuild was done including all new bearings and seals).
-Previous owner rebuilt T-case (was only leaking but had a complete rebuild done while it was out)
-Thule Roof Rack (Swedish made)
- Sony stereo
-Newer leaf springs and shackles
-9 1/2" Toyota differentials front and rear (full floater) w/ 4.11's and limited slip
-Factory Altimeter and inside/outside Temp Gauges
-Turbo Timer
-Suspension seats

This vehicle also features the rugged reliability of manual locking hubs and gear shift selectable 4-low, combined with the convenience of push button shift on the fly 4-Hi. The best of both worlds!

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
There's a maggiolina for sale on craigslist using the same pics as you posted. I came across it last week.

Remember the uniqueness of the rig.

-Sam

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
That is a bummer.....having a non-legal USA TLC stolen that you are trying to sell! What are the chances of that!? :Wow1:

Wouldn't think it wold be hard to find seeing as it is a non-USA spec truck. Hopefully it didn't get taken to the hills for a joyride and then bonfire. Fingers crossed.....

defrag4

Road Warrior
There's a maggiolina for sale on craigslist using the same pics as you posted. I came across it last week.

Remember the uniqueness of the rig.

-Sam

was probably his CL posting, i had actually seen it before i saw him selling it on ih8mud

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
I FOUND IT! It's parked not far from my house.

It looks intact. It's covered with parking ticket and it is about to be towed.

Can someone try to follow up with the owner? Does someone have his/her phone number?

I sent an email to the address in the first posting. they have to hurry up.

send me a PM, I don't want to publish the address where it is.

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
That is so cool that you found it!! Right on! Good karma to you! :victory:

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
I received an email back from the guy and they got the truck. I am hoping for a final update with more details.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles