Stoked about the new Gofast camper

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Looks cool, especially for the desert crowd. I think I might have been able to sell the Mrs. on something like that if I'd tried before we got a van, but I'm betting these days she'll want more insulation, not less! ;-)

rajacat

Eagerly awaiting more details. This may be just what I'm looking for. One could build their own lower support structure out of composite panels and simply put this on top. I wonder if the tube rack assembly underneath is stock or just used for illustrative purpose. OTOH it could be that the tube fabrication is the structure for the camper/canopy sides.

Last edited:

HONDO Garage

Wish I'd invented Airwolf
Eagerly awaiting more details. This may be just what I'm looking for. One could build their own lower support structure out of composite panels and simply put this on top. I wonder if the tube rack assembly underneath is stock or just used for illustrative purpose. OTOH it could be that the tube fabrication is the structure for the camper/canopy sides.

Hi,

I'm the designer and a partner in GFC so I should be able to answer any questions. The tube structure is the frame for the lower portion of the camper. The frame will be wrapped in either canvas (like a can-bak or softtopper) with sides that roll up, or in aluminum panels. There will be an insulated liner option for the upper and lower not long after we start shipping. For the aluminum paneled version there will be a rear glass window and on the soft side version there will be a zip open plastic window.

Weight on the soft-sided version (upper and lower combined) will be under 200 lbs, and about 245 for the hard-sided model.

While technically you could separate the two, we'll initially only be selling them as a unit. That said, we will eventually be offering the popup portion as a stand-alone RTT with a solid floor, or as a kit that could be integrated into a van top. We will also be selling the lower as a stand-alone topper without the popup.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
👍 great idea! Im glad more folks are looking at products like these, the light simple pickup bed options are needed.

Oni

Adventurer
Hondo.

What kind of lock/closure will be on the back window/door of the camper? I am generally disappointed with the security of most camper shell rear doors. Really like the product so far and will be watching closely.

Looks like my cousins Ursa Minor camper for his Jeep. I really like the design, but with a family a bit too small. Your design might be perfect for us!

DesertJK

Adventurer
If the Ursa minor pop tops for the JK were built like this, I would get one.
Any chance you will build a JK top?

HONDO Garage

I'm on the preorder list and excited to see what the final pricing and options look like.

Excellent. As for options, there will be the choice between aluminum or canvas sides for the lower. And there will be an array of optional accessories: mounting brackets (for awnings, light, roof racks, solar, etc.), an interior LED lighting package, and a ventilation fan. Not sure what pricing will be for the optional accessories yet though.

HONDO Garage

Hondo.

What kind of lock/closure will be on the back window/door of the camper? I am generally disappointed with the security of most camper shell rear doors. Really like the product so far and will be watching closely.

Looks like my cousins Ursa Minor camper for his Jeep. I really like the design, but with a family a bit too small. Your design might be perfect for us!

Most likely just a standard center turn with two latches at the bottom. You can't really make anything with a window secure (unless they're bulletproof :) Every person I know who's had their car broken into, it's always been a smashed window.

And yes, this has a bit more room in it. With a bed platform over the wheel wells you could easily sleep two adults and some children.

inv3ctiv3

Adventurer
Most likely just a standard center turn with two latches at the bottom. You can't really make anything with a window secure (unless they're bulletproof :) Every person I know who's had their car broken into, it's always been a smashed window.

And yes, this has a bit more room in it. With a bed platform over the wheel wells you could easily sleep two adults and some children.

Very stoked on it, can't wait! It's cool to see how much interested you're getting already.

gfiero

Adventurer
I am more than interested

I had a 2007 Dble cab Shortbed Tacoma with a FlipPac replaced it with a 4WC, too much weight, sold the truck bought a power wagon, great on the road, on dirt roads and National Parks. Doesn't work for me. Camper is sold, truck is for sale, looking at a Colorado or a Tacoma and this is perfect for me. I am signed up. I am planning on a long bed, have not decided on a Double Cab or access cab, will be a 4x4. The Idea of this is fantastic, the options and flexibility are mind blowing. This will be great fun to put together.

dcwn.45

Observer
This looks very promising!
I'm currently doing the RTT on bed rack for my Tacoma, but the ladder is a bit of an issue for my girlfriend.
I've considered a Habitat, but $$$$$$ and lack of insect screens are a factor.
Much of my camping is where mosquitoes are a concern, I am wanting a zippered screen door like tents have, not having to close the tailgate and lid to seal up from bugs , as that seems difficult from inside the unit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles